Cannot Block/Unblock Skype Contacts - iPad 2

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Re: Cannot/Unblock Skype Contacts -every time i phone

hi every time i phone the number i want it says its blocked its my first night on this am i doing something wrong

doug1
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 11 of 27 (17,691 Views)

Re: Cannot/Unblock Skype Contacts -every time i phone

doug1:  I had the same problem, the best solution, un-install the iPad 2 app, replace by installing the old iPhone version 3.0.1

As pointed out earlier by 'Mart' 24-10-2011
"Unfortunately it is not possible to use the block/unblock feature in Skype for iPad app. As a workaround I suggest you log in to Skype on a computer and manage your contacts there.
The version 3.0.1 that has been offered as a solution is in the fact the old version for Skype for iPhone"

By blocking and unblocking using a PC the changes will show up on the iPhone version on your iPad 2 but not if you are using the iPad Skype app version.

Looks like in reality there is not a true Skype iPad 2 version which works.  So until there is use the iPhone 3.0.1 version.

0 Kudos
lyttle
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 11
Message 12 of 27 (17,675 Views)

Re: Cannot Block/Unblock Skype Contacts - iPad 2

Not helpful we need you to say "go ahead and use the iphone skype on your ipad" until we have this resolved.

Harmon
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 13 of 27 (17,354 Views)

How do I block or delete people on my Skype from my ipad2??
Posted from Apple iPad
0 Kudos
LovingBear41
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 14 of 27 (17,230 Views)

Read ealier messages

0 Kudos
lyttle
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 11
Message 15 of 27 (17,228 Views)

What a mistake. I have never had any problem with Skype. Using it with iPad is a mistake.

It is a shame to Skype people who developed the last version to test the product before releasing it.

I will have to look for other solution unfortunately. I am disappointed and I am per fee customer.

nseg
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 16 of 27 (17,222 Views)

Can somebody help me..... I have blocked a contact and now I would like to unblock that contact, but I don't know how

0 Kudos
adriennedanku
Novel Tourist
Message 17 of 27 (17,077 Views)

I have just downloaded skype on my ipad and I accidentally added someone and I don't know how to delete the contact. Please help

0 Kudos
moolala02
Novel Tourist
Message 18 of 27 (16,943 Views)

Just download 2 app from skype on your ipad. 1. App skype for iphone. 2. App skype for ipad. After you get 2 App, you can come to setting to block or delete people who you want to do an App skype from iphone. When you want to contact again you can come back to unblock that people.

Good luck every body.:bigsmile:

ellagerman
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 19 of 27 (16,741 Views)

Thanks for that ! It works ! I have downloaded the two apps., removed then a contact from the iphone Skype, and a few minutes later that contact did also automatically disappear from the Ipad Skype (version 3.6.218 ). I will know delete the Iphone Skype, because the two apps have the same icon, which is confusing. 

0 Kudos
Erik2012
Novel Adventurer
Message 20 of 27 (16,733 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling