Can't hear each other?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Can't hear each other?

My friend got a new laptop today and wanted to skype. I made one on my ipod touch and we can see each other but cant hear each other. Any ideas why this is happening or what I should do? I have a webcam on my ipod touch by the way. The only problem is that neither of us can hear each other. Any suggestions would be great.

0 Kudos
EmilyLatham96
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 7 (3,065 Views)

Re: Can't hear each other?

I am also having the same issue
0 Kudos
Josua27176
Novel Adventurer
Message 2 of 7 (3,047 Views)

[ Edited ]
Ensure your Skype call is not muted and set the sound volume of your device to maximum.
0 Kudos
kwinghui
Esteemed Adventurer
Kudos: 267
Message 3 of 7 (3,040 Views)

Already tried twice
0 Kudos
Josua27176
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 7 (3,035 Views)

I am having samee problem have you found solution?
0 Kudos
Mariadipaul126
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 7 (2,991 Views)

tried everything I know how.  Microphone works with other programs and apps.  Can see each other but cannot hear on either side.  Have checked all my settings on the computer.  Have run the Skype echo test thing but it doesn't seem to work.  

karensfsd
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 6 of 7 (1,894 Views)

Skype number no longer works; it rings twice on one end and the other end can see a call is coming but once it is answered, they can't hear each other.  What is the solution?

0 Kudos
janetrager
Tourist
Message 7 of 7 (1,579 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling