Calling via Skype when in Mexico

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Calling via Skype when in Mexico

I will be travelling to Mexico for almost a month. I currently have a monthlty subscription to Skype that allows me to call any number in uS and Canada, assuming I can get on Wi Fi or connect via Verizon on my iPad 2. What do I need to do to use Skype on my iPad 2 from Mexico to US?
Posted from Apple iPad
0 Kudos
FMSeattle
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 4 (3,140 Views)

Re: Calling via Skype when in Mexico

If you can get a decent Internet connection, calling from Mexico will be exactly the same as when calling from anywhere else, including when in the U.S.

When calling via Skype it matters only where you're calling to, not where you're calling from (with some very few exceptions).

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 906
Message 2 of 4 (3,133 Views)

So I am not charged an additional fee if I am calling from Mexico to US.  There is an additional charge if I try to call from US to Mexico.  Sorry if I am being dense.  I appreciate your help.

0 Kudos
FMSeattle
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 3 of 4 (3,130 Views)

[ Edited ]

As I said...it only matters where you're calling to.   If your subscription is for calls to the U.S., then yes, you'll have to pay more to call Mexico.  That would be true if you were calling Mexico from within Mexico or from home.   But if you're calling the U.S. with a U.S. subscription, it doesn't matter if you're in Kansas or Australia, or Mexico. 

I can't make it any clearer that that. :wink:

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
0 Kudos
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 906
Message 4 of 4 (3,128 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling