Calling Local Cell Phones While In Isreal

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Calling Local Cell Phones While In Isreal

Hello,

I have a free skype account.

I am living in Jerusaelm Israel and would like to use skype to call internationaly as well as to call local cellphones and landlines to replace my cell phone becasue its cheap.

I am trying to call my own cell phone number on skype which is a Jerusalem numebr  just to test to see if it will work before importing all of my contacts. But when I call another person answers. I have tried to call in various formats.

054 xxx xxxx

+972 054 xxx xxxx

How do I do this?

-Thanks

0 Kudos
openskies2009
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (233 Views)

Re: Calling Local Cell Phones While In Isreal

Try dialing +972 54 xxx xxxx (dropping the zero in the 054 area code).

---
Patrick

Location/Ubicacion: Arizona USA
Time Zone/Hora Local: UTC/GMT -7

If this message has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.

Si esto mensaje le ha ayudado, por favor haga clic en "Aceptar como solución". Si encuentra un mensaje útil, por favor "Da Kudos" al final del mensaje, por lo que esta información puede beneficiar a otros.

I am not a Skype employee. No soy un empleado de Skype.
0 Kudos
wd9ewk
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 658
Message 2 of 2 (210 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling