Busy signal when I call my Ipod Touch.

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Busy signal when I call my Ipod Touch.

I recently purchased an Ipod Touch.  I downloaded Skype, the test call works fine and I'm able to make video calls from my Ipod to my laptop.  The problem is that when I try to make a call from my laptop to the Ipod the call immediately hangs up/busy signal.  Not sure what the issue is.  Can you help?  Thanks. 

0 Kudos
garylaforge
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 4 (1,494 Views)

Re: Busy signal when I call my Ipod Touch.

garylaforge wrote:

I recently purchased an Ipod Touch.  I downloaded Skype, the test call works fine and I'm able to make video calls from my Ipod to my laptop.  The problem is that when I try to make a call from my laptop to the Ipod the call immediately hangs up/busy signal.  Not sure what the issue is.  Can you help?  Thanks. 

There could be one of two issues going on here...

1. Are you logged into Skype with the same account on both your laptop and iPod Touch?  If so, this can never work.  You cannot call the same Skype account that you are using to make a Skype call.  You would need to have separate Skype accounts on these devices, in order to make calls from one to the other - laptop to iPod Touch, or iPod Touch to laptop.

2. Have you put the Skype app into the iPod Touch's Notification Center?  This wil allow the Skype app to ring for incoming calls, whenever the app is not showing on the screen.  You'll also want to set an alert (banner across the top of the screen, or a larger alert in the middle of the screen), and enable all the other options for the Skype app so it can ring you.  This does not change the fact that you will not be able to call the iPod from the laptop (or vice versa) if both devices are using the same Skype account.

---
Patrick

Location/Ubicacion: Arizona USA
Time Zone/Hora Local: UTC/GMT -7

If this message has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.

Si esto mensaje le ha ayudado, por favor haga clic en "Aceptar como solución". Si encuentra un mensaje útil, por favor "Da Kudos" al final del mensaje, por lo que esta información puede beneficiar a otros.

I am not a Skype employee. No soy un empleado de Skype.
0 Kudos
wd9ewk
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 646
Message 2 of 4 (1,482 Views)

wd9ewk, can you tell me about my problem?

my girlfriend has the skype app for the ipod touch. She says she has her notifications turned off on the itouch. When I try to call her on skype it says busy, even though her status is online. Does it supposed to say busy when the notifications are off, when trying to call? I dont mean skype notifications. Its the ipods notifications.
0 Kudos
raceman1231
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 4 (1,459 Views)

How do I set up a different account on my itouch? It won't let me, it just asks me to sign in and I have an account on my computer. I want a different acct on my itouch so I can call home to my kids while I am in Europe for  days.

0 Kudos
jenlil11
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 4 (1,423 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling