Re: "You have been signed out of Skype, please sig...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

"You have been signed out of Skype, please sign into an Xbox account to use Skype."

[ Edited ]

This message, "You have been signed out of Skype, please sign into an Xbox account to use Skype." has been coming up whenever I've been trying to sign into Skype on the Xbox One...Not sure what happened but all it's giving me is the "Sign in" button, but all it does is just loop me back to the same message... Please help.

pcpicko
Casual Tourist

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

This took me forever to work out but what you need to do is merge your xbox live account and skype account. You can't do it on the Xbox because of the loop so you have to do it on your PC or Laptop.

If you have Windows 7 just follow these directions:

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12081/how-do-i-sign-in-to-skype-for-windows-desktop-with-my-microsoft-account

If you have windows 8 just follow these directions:

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12168/how-do-i-sign-in-to-skype-with-my-microsoft-account-windows-8-or-above

I hope this works for all of you and merges your accounts properly because it was doing my head in. It worked for me and then I could just sign straight into my Skype on Xbox One.

View solution in original post
AEROSTRIKE
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 9
Message 1 of 11 (3,817 Views)

Re: "You have been signed out of Skype, please sign into an Xbox account to use Skype."

Same problem here, and have several friends complaining of the same issue as well.
Posted from Apple iPad
Boxer13
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 2 of 11 (3,800 Views)

Re: "You have been signed out of Skype, please sign into an Xbox account to use Skype."

same here really anoying !!!!!!! :robotmad:

bingo2110
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 11 (3,723 Views)

Me as well, I hope they get this fixed soon..

rockerz90
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 4 of 11 (3,627 Views)

Apologies for the disruption, which seems to have been caused by a problem in the back-end services, but should now be resolved. You can check the status of all Xbox services and apps here: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Posted from Nokia Lumia 1020
dereklakin
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 305
Message 5 of 11 (3,598 Views)

This took me forever to work out but what you need to do is merge your xbox live account and skype account. You can't do it on the Xbox because of the loop so you have to do it on your PC or Laptop.

If you have Windows 7 just follow these directions:

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12081/how-do-i-sign-in-to-skype-for-windows-desktop-with-my-micro...

If you have windows 8 just follow these directions:

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12168/how-do-i-sign-in-to-skype-with-my-microsoft-account-windows...

I hope this works for all of you and merges your accounts properly because it was doing my head in. It worked for me and then I could just sign straight into my Skype on Xbox One.

pcpicko
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 6 of 11 (3,587 Views)

You can do the Microsoft-Skype account merge in the Skype for Xbox One app as well. if you are more comfortable with using a PC keyboard you can also do the merging by signing in with your Microsoft account at www.skype.com - If your Microsoft account hasn't been merged yet you will then be guided through the account merging process.

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 12587
Message 7 of 11 (3,470 Views)

Im having the issue as well. It was working well for me yesterday (2/16/14) but now im stuck in the sign in loop. I hav uninstalled the app, unlinked and re-linked my live acct. but im not getting anywhere. According to the live services the app is up and running. Any suggestions?

PaulEHutson
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 8 of 11 (1,943 Views)

I've also got this issue. I've tried the solution and linked my microsoft account but i'm still stuck in the sign in loop.

I tried linking and unlinking and re-linking accounts, creating a new skype account and linking that and still no luck. If I use my partners gamertag to sign in her skype account logs in no problem.

I've made sure all my privacy settings are correct on xbox one and not sure what else to try.

Any ideas?

KryptonJohn
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 11 (1,807 Views)

What fixed it for me was a hard reset of my xbox. Hold the power button down for about 10 seconds and restart it.

krobb1290
Novel Tourist
Message 10 of 11 (1,756 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling