Re: Xbox One App Suggestion - Manual Zoom

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Xbox One App Suggestion - Manual Zoom

Hey,

First of all thanks for making an app so quickly for the Xbox One.

A quick suggestion: the auto-zoom is great and all but it has trouble with multiple people and if I'm sitting far away on the couch, etc. It would be great if there was a manual zoom option that allowed for the user to zoom - in and out- using the controller.

Please consider this and thanks again,

WROR

worldrallyoffrd
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 1 of 5 (1,292 Views)

Thanks for the suggestion; much appreciated. We're looking at ways to improve the auto-zoom feature, but have no specifics or timescales to share at the moment.

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
dereklakin
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 331
Message 2 of 5 (1,247 Views)

I second this request. For some reason, in my living room the autozoom function is non-functional. It continuously zooms in and out, even if I am the only person in the room. Last nigth my father had to hang up due to him having a headache due to the continuous zoom in and out. I am sure there's something in my environment that's throwing the autozoom feature off, so I have disabled autozoom for the time being. But given that it is a big room it would be much better to have manual zoom control for situations like these.

Posted from Microsoft Windows RT Tablet
Herbys
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 5 (548 Views)

Manual zoom would be very usefull in my case.

When sitting in the livingroom at approx. 4 meters from the Kinect, The camera zooms in but not far enough for our contacts to see us clearly.
If their would be an oppertunity to add some extra zoom by using the controller, we could adjust the automatic zoom accordingly.

Thank you for considering this.

AFootElephant
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 5 (535 Views)

Let me add my voice to the list requesting this function. With the larger screen TVs, you have to have the seating quite a bit away, and I have to sit on my coffee table so that the other guys see me and not my entire living room.

It is simple enough to turn auto zoom off. Why not lock it in at what ever zoom level you are at when Auto is turned off. Not super elegant, but a usable workaround until a better one is developed.

Gizmo-Golfer
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 5 (460 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling