Re: Skype Won't Run or Re-Install on XB1

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Hi everyone,

We have reports that the issue with Skype on XB1 should be resolved by now.

If some of you still have issues, please let us know here and add as much detail as possible (your actions and what happens exactly).

Slava
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 1413
Message 11 of 16 (789 Views)

Hello
Posted from Samsung GT-I9300
gawadkhan123
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 12 of 16 (704 Views)

skype keeps crashing 5-15secs into starting the app, I've tried all methods to troubleshoot (re-unstall, restart system etc.)

Aussie420
Novel Adventurer
Message 13 of 16 (638 Views)

Aussie420 wrote:

skype keeps crashing 5-15secs into starting the app, I've tried all methods to troubleshoot (re-unstall, restart system etc.)

same for me - the app is entirely unusable. i've cycled the power, reinstalled it, done everything.  freezes within 10 seconds everytime.

xboxoneuser
Novel Adventurer
Message 14 of 16 (515 Views)

I am also experiencing the same thing. Did the uninstall, power down, and log jn and out. It ask me if this is me and then makes me take a new photo and freezes. No other problems on the Xbox one.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Devildriver
Novel Tourist
Message 15 of 16 (414 Views)

Devildriver wrote:
I am also experiencing the same thing. Did the uninstall, power down, and log jn and out. It ask me if this is me and then makes me take a new photo and freezes. No other problems on the Xbox one.

same, mine either freezes while asking me to take a photo or at the next screen when it starts loading unknown contacts

xboxoneuser
Novel Adventurer
Message 16 of 16 (410 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling