Skype Call Notification Glitch

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Skype Call Notification Glitch

There is a very annoying glitch that affects my friends and myself on Skype during our Xbox One experience. Whenever anyone calls another person, when you accept the notification, you will be directed to skype and then join the call only if it isn't the "no video" option. But that isn't it. After accepting the notification, or not, it will always prompt you with an infinite amount of call notifications for about five minutes even though there was only one call invitation sent. This makes Skype a lot more difficult to use on the Xbox One and the many notifications always disrupt and take up space when you accept the call.

The only solution to do now is to invite the friend when they are on the Skype application at the precise moment as they not encounter the notification glitch.

I hope you patch this glitch that me and my friends have all been experiencing as this will make calling each other a lot more easier and we can also call each other whenever we want, as the notifications will be fully functional.

ScottyManSam
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 1 of 7 (1,162 Views)

Re: Skype Call Notification Glitch

Sorry to hear you're having this problem; it's not something that we've heard before.

Can you do a test call and note the date, time and timezone of the test along with the Skype IDs/Microsoft Accounts of the participants including yourself. If you can DM me this information I can begin investigating the cause of your duplicate notifications.

Thanks,
Derek

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
dereklakin
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 305
Message 2 of 7 (1,006 Views)

This is a common issue

Shawzborne
Experienced Adventurer
Kudos: 15
Message 3 of 7 (988 Views)

These 5 minute loop of invitations from the same person has been happening to me every day for a few weeks now too. Also the past two times there is a skype update my favorite people get removed from that list so it took me a while to realize why when I would tell the xbox to call my friends name it would just open skype and ask which person I wanted to call. When I manually add my friends back to the favorites then it works.
Posted from Apple iPad
Darkscorpionrw
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 7 (910 Views)

My favourites reset as well!
Posted from Apple iPhone
ScottyManSam
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 5 of 7 (905 Views)

Same happening to me, if someone calls me when im watching tv or playing game trying to accept call it never connects with the first time. And then after that those none stop notification about the call you trying to accept but still no luck..my favorits always delete itself!! Please fix it as it is very frustrating to use skype on xbox one!!!!! Same happens to my bro and I think to loads of people as well!!
Posted from Generic Android
Boiko
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 6 of 7 (821 Views)

The issue with multiplying notification is indeed annoying and favorites that get deleted by themselves. I experience all these issues aswell no eta on the fix?
Posted from Apple iPhone
Dimas16
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 7 of 7 (399 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling