Sign out on xbox one?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sign out on xbox one?

I have just spoken to microsoft support and they say that they do noy support skype with technical help and so dont really know how to fix it. My problem is I want to use skype on my xbox but only a certain times. Why have the producers of skype not added a sign out option. Really Dissapointed. :sad:

NathanHopton
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 4 (671 Views)

Re: Sign out on xbox one?

Signing out from Xbox One will sign you out from Skype. That is the only way.

Hopkinks
Esteemed Adventurer
Kudos: 28
Message 2 of 4 (461 Views)

NathanHopton wrote:

I have just spoken to microsoft support and they say that they do noy support skype with technical help and so dont really know how to fix it. My problem is I want to use skype on my xbox but only a certain times. Why have the producers of skype not added a sign out option. Really Dissapointed. :sad:

It's not something to "fix", it's a deliberate feature in line with the other non-Desktop clients (e.g. Windows Phone, Windows 8, etc). You don't sign out because if you did, then you wouldn't receive notifications for chats and calls when you're not running the app.

So, what is it that you want to achieve by signing out? If it's about not getting notifications, then you can manually turn them on/off in the app settings as and when you need them, but we're working on an "active endpoint" solution (as a much wider project, obviously) that will send notifications where you are currently active.

If it's something else, we're all ears :happy:

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
dereklakin
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 305
Message 3 of 4 (456 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thats one of the points of signing out, to not recieve messages. You can get messages upon signing back in because of offline messages. You dont need to be signed in 24/7. On the windows 7 and WP7/8 clients you can sign out. That is a reason offline messages exist so you can have messaged while offline. Also signing out of the xbox doesnt matter because the Skype on X1 shows you online for up to 3 days. So signing out of xbox/turning it off doesnt take you offline for Skype. Everytime you go back onto a profile with Skype acttivated your 3 day timer resets.

Bizatts
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 10
Message 4 of 4 (418 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling