Re: Green picture during video calls

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Green picture during video calls

[ Edited ]

I am only getting a green screen from my camera when making video calls on x box one,can anyone suggest anything

jazzyb73
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 8 (1,991 Views)

Re: video calls

What Skype version are you receiving the video from your Xbox from?

Or to be more precise: Which Skype version on which plattform is sending the green video? It's usually the recording and not the playback end of video that is causing this. Make sure you are running the latest available Skype version on that plattform.

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 10391
Message 2 of 8 (1,911 Views)

Re: video calls

I get the same issue. Uninstalled and reinstalled skype 2 days ago so I presume that I have the latest version from then.

Posted from Microsoft Windows RT Tablet
weirdfish
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 8 (1,406 Views)

I'm having the green screen issue with my skype on xbox one as well. I could see the person and all they could see was a green screen and where i should see myself in the bottom right corner, all i saw was green also. I can't find a solution anywhere.

hailey12
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 8 (1,165 Views)

If you're Xbox is sending just green video, then it is likely to be an issue with the Kinect sensor, which can usually be resolved by restarting the sensor. Either perform a hard power down and restart the console (press and hold the power button for about ten seconds), or disconnect and reconnect the sensor from the console.

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
dereklakin
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 265
Message 5 of 8 (1,127 Views)

Earlier before i posted my comment, I thought it might behave been the kinect but my kinect was working just fine.

hailey12
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 8 (1,122 Views)

Your Kinect sensor can appear to be working just fine anywhere else, but this green video issue is invariably caused by a sensor problem requiring the reset I described previously.

dereklakin
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 265
Message 7 of 8 (1,120 Views)

I installed yesterday and was getting the same thing. I powered off my console completely by unplugging the power cable at the back. When I restarted the console, the picture transmitted correctly.
Posted from Nokia Lumia 925
Grindstone
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 8 (351 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling