windows 8 webcam doesn't work

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

windows 8 webcam doesn't work

Hey there!

So that's my problem: I've got my new pc with windows 8 on it and called a friend on skype. I saw him perfectly but he told me that, even though my webcam seemed to be working perfectly, he wasn't able to see me. Is that because he has an older version of skype than this one? Afterwards I checked webcam and everything but it seemed to be alright...

Thanks!

sumpfhexchen
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 14 (6,857 Views)

Re: windows 8 webcam doesn't work

Ask your friends to reinstall latest skype with this link

http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-full

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6520
Message 2 of 14 (6,852 Views)

should it work then?

sumpfhexchen
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 14 (6,849 Views)

I am not sure. But Skype recommends it.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 4 of 14 (6,844 Views)

still doesn't work... and i can't find any settings and instructions because it's windows 8...

sumpfhexchen
Casual Adventurer
Message 5 of 14 (6,810 Views)

Are you running the "Metro" version of Skype from the Windows store, or the desktop version?

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 1035
Message 6 of 14 (6,799 Views)

The app store one. I tried to download the normal desktop one but it told me that I could only get the app store version - and on that one it's impossible to even find any settings and stuff -.- windows 8.....

sumpfhexchen
Casual Adventurer
Message 7 of 14 (6,766 Views)

ok I've managed to install the dt version now so tomorrow we will see if it works like this. thanks for the help guys!!

sumpfhexchen
Casual Adventurer
Message 8 of 14 (6,755 Views)

Please use the direct link (see my first post) to download the latest versions of skype

i gave you the offline installer. just click on the link i have given above, and download it on your "desktop"

when you got it, double click on it (run) and start installation.

Regards,
Tamim

Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 9 of 14 (6,755 Views)

Try this link:  http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-full  The desktop version works here.

If you can't install the desktop version, I'm at a loss.  :sad:

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 1035
Message 10 of 14 (6,751 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling