what is my full skype address?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

what is my full skype address?

I just obtained a skype account. I want to Skype with someone. What address do I give them? Just my username or my user name with a suffix attached? In other words, what is my full skype address?

writegurl
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 8
Message 1 of 21 (52,464 Views)

Re: what is my full skype address?

[ Edited ]

I'm not sure what kind of suffix you are referring to (@live/hotmail/etc?). Usually your Skype/Microsoft account name should suffice.  If at any time you are unsure, try searching for yourself in the Skype directory (by adding a contact).  Whichever name finds you would be a valid name to relay to your future contact.  I tried both my Microsoft account name and my Microsoft Hotmail e-mail address and both of them found my same account.

techfreak
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 1610
Message 2 of 21 (52,451 Views)

I Don't get it ... You said to look yourself up by adding yourself (as a contact but not adding yourself) But I can't not find ME on Skype I tried both Jeff Levy & [Removed for privacy]..

A lot of Jeff levy's But Not ME and No [Removed for privacy] at all..

so How do I get my skype address to give out to people ... I even tried my .Live E-Mail address still Nothing...

Jeff-Levy
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 6
Message 3 of 21 (50,559 Views)

The [Removed for privacy] I didn't put there this site did that So this site might reconize my Skype Name cause that is what I signed up with...

Jeff-Levy
Casual Adventurer
Message 4 of 21 (50,554 Views)

Just your Skype name (That's the username you use to sign in to Skype) is enough for others to find and add you as a contact on Skype.

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 14246
Message 5 of 21 (50,553 Views)

So I CAN'T use it to Find Myself then? is that what you are saying? Cause I can't find myslef and this site know my user name cause they blocked it out....  Jeff Levy is tied to my skype account to yet I get 20 to 40 other jeff levy's and some that are not....

Jeff-Levy
Casual Adventurer
Message 6 of 21 (50,550 Views)

Since Skype 6.2 version it’s not possible to search for your own Skype name.

http://community.skype.com/t5/The-Skype-Lounge/Contacts-Problem/m-p/1442693#M70711

If I search for jeff-levy using my Skype, I can find a Skype user from South   Africa. Is it you?

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6837
Message 7 of 21 (50,524 Views)

No that is not me..

jeff-levy is only for here in the forums and I am from the USA. I can't put my Skype name here the forums remove it automaticly... But now I know why I can't find myself on skype 6.2 and I have 6.6.0.106

thanks for the info...

Jeff-Levy
Casual Adventurer
Message 8 of 21 (50,507 Views)

I want to contact
Posted from Mozilla Firefox for Android
orsoline
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 9 of 21 (37,158 Views)

same, i can't find myself either
my account name [Removed for privacy]

but i can't find myself on add bar :sad:(

please help me
 :sad:(

VicTeLix
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 10 of 21 (36,819 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling