what happened to free skype? i cannot even see my ...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

what happened to free skype? i cannot even see my contacts

bought new PC... installed skype.. i cannot even find my contacts anymore.. nothing is free anymore? is it all subscription based? piece of crap

Claudius
Community Manager

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

0 Kudos

Please follow the instructions here to download and install the Skype application and get started with using all the available features in Skype: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA11098/getting-started-with-skype-windows-desktop

View solution in original post
ShadowPatriot
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 7 (2,092 Views)

Re: what happened to free skype? i cannot even see my contacts

Please install latest version of skype and join it to access your contacts list.

http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-msi

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6518
Message 2 of 7 (2,085 Views)

Yo, I updated... lost contacts and wasted hours trying to sort this out. Thanks Tamin whoever-you-are... pay address the questions directly. You're only frustrating users
allie2
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 7 (1,869 Views)

I'm having the exact same issue.  What did you find out?

POdatskype
Casual Tourist
Message 4 of 7 (1,302 Views)

POdatskype wrote:

I'm having the exact same issue.  What did you find out?

What exactly is your issue?

What is the version of Skype program installed on your computer? In Skype go to Help -> About Skype.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 7086
Message 5 of 7 (1,286 Views)

Same here I bought a new Laptop and installed my Skype account. It says I am signed in but all I get is options to purchase. I can't find any free video like I have on my old laptop. Not sure what to do. Does me no good to log in and then be prompted to purchase or create an account. Hmm I already have an account.

Crowvet
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 7 (883 Views)

Please follow the instructions here to download and install the Skype application and get started with using all the available features in Skype: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA11098/getting-started-with-skype-windows-desktop

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 13576
Message 7 of 7 (877 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling