video is not working, on my windows 7

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

video is not working, on my windows 7

Since upgrading to skype 6.3 the video calling is not working. From the tools option menu the it says it cannot find video. My laptop has a built in video and its always used to work before upgrading.

How can I get it to work.

bhatth
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 3 (555 Views)

Re: video is not working, on my windows 7

[ Edited ]

Here are some suggestions that might help ;

- Double-check if your webcam is plugged in, turned on, active and working. You can click Tools >> Options >> General >> Video Settings to check if your webcam is detected by Skype. If possible, also test your cam using other program/software.

- Update your latest version of Skype. Visit the "Get Skype" (Downloads) section of Skype.com to check the most recent version of Skype available.

- Update your webcam driver or software. You can visit the corresponding manufacturer's site to see if there is a newer version of driver/software for your webcam model.

- "completely" uninstall Skype first then re-install. Please note that the process of complete uninstall differs from the usual uninstall as it will delete all traces of Skype in your computer. Thus allowing users to install a fresh/clean copy of Skype. In most cases, it is also advisable to use the most recent version of the Skype software.

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA10634/how-can-i-completely-uninstall-and-then-reinstall-skype-for...

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!

ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES

Skype-User
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 435
Message 2 of 3 (552 Views)

Re: video is not working, on my windows 7

bhatth wrote:

Since upgrading to skype 6.3 the video calling is not working. From the tools option menu the it says it cannot find video. My laptop has a built in video and its always used to work before upgrading.

How can I get it to work.

Try to uninstall the currently installed version and install the older 6.1.0.129 version using this msi-installer:

http://download.skype.com/msi/SkypeSetup_6.1.0.129.msi

After installing this version, make sure to disable the Automatic updates:

Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Automatic updates ->Turn off automatic updates

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6510
Message 3 of 3 (540 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling