unable to hear other party

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

unable to hear other party

Please help! I am not able to hear the other party, they can hear me fine, I can hear the ringing sound of the call and video is fine too. My speakers and mic are ok too. When I do the test call can't hear anything. Thanks

denverusa
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 1 of 14 (3,649 Views)

Re: unable to hear other party

What settings do you have for Speakers in Tools -> Options -> Audio settings? Can you hear any sound when you press the green test button? Is there more than one option available in the dropdown box?

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6599
Message 2 of 14 (3,647 Views)

When I press the green button I can not hear anything

denverusa
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 3 of 14 (3,642 Views)

Hi Denverusa, I can't help I'm afraid as I am having the same problem all the other sounds on my PC are fine but I can't hear the other party, I tried ruwim's remedy and when I speak I can see the green lines moving back and forth, so I assume it's working. Also when I do a test call, I can't hear the message...I know what to expect because it works fine on my tablet. I don't know where to go next! please can anyone help us?
primrosegirl
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 14 (3,626 Views)

primrosegirl wrote:
Hi Denverusa, I can't help I'm afraid as I am having the same problem all the other sounds on my PC are fine but I can't hear the other party, I tried ruwim's remedy and when I speak I can see the green lines moving back and forth, so I assume it's working. Also when I do a test call, I can't hear the message...I know what to expect because it works fine on my tablet. I don't know where to go next! please can anyone help us?

What settings do you see for Speakers in Tools -> Options Audio settings? Your microphone seems to work, but not speakers.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 5 of 14 (3,622 Views)

Realtek High definition audio speakers

primrosegirl
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 14 (3,613 Views)

primrosegirl wrote:

Realtek High definition audio speakers

Do you also have "Realtek High definition audio" as your default playback device in Windows Sound Control Panel? 

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 7 of 14 (3,610 Views)

Yes I think so, I've just looked at the control panel and sounds and it would seem it is.

primrosegirl
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 14 (3,601 Views)

i have the exact same problem, can someone please help
srazakk
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 14 (3,501 Views)

srazakk wrote:
i have the exact same problem, can someone please help

Have you tried to make a call to Skype Echo Sound Test Service (echo123)?

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 10 of 14 (3,496 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling