snapshots gallery

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Accepted Solution

snapshots gallery

i can find all my pictures  that i have taken on skype, but the snapshots  button under the view tab is dark and clicking on it does nothing.  how can i access the pictures using this option snapshots gallery button.

thanks for any help

k

ruwim
Community Ambassador

Accepted Solution

Quit Skype. Go to Windows Start and in the Search/Run box type %appdata%\skype, press Enter or OK button. Find now the folder with the name of your Skype account. Open this folder. You will find there a file named config.xml. You may see only config but with XML Document in the Type column. Delete this file. Restart your Skype. You will have to re-enter all your credentials and personal configuration data.

View solution in original post
johnleonhardt
Novel Adventurer

Accepted Solution

Yes - there was (or is) the problem.  I remotely loaded a picture on Skype on my girlfriend's computer from my own picture file - and the avatar pointer was to there.  I edited both avatar lines in the config file to the picture location, and now it seems to work.  Amazing how a simple thing can cause some problems.  Thanks.

View solution in original post
kendrick1944
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 44 (35,128 Views)

Re: snapshots gallery

Quit Skype. Go to Windows Start and in the Search/Run box type %appdata%\skype, press Enter or OK button. Find now the folder with the name of your Skype account. Open this folder. You will find there a file named config.xml. You may see only config but with XML Document in the Type column. Delete this file. Restart your Skype. You will have to re-enter all your credentials and personal configuration data.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6595
Message 2 of 44 (35,115 Views)

ruwim,

thanks so much, it worked so all is good,

k

kendrick1944
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 44 (35,103 Views)

additional information on the gallery.

when i added a picture to my profile  from a source as my pictures(jpg) directory and a folder in it,  the directory and folder became the default for the snapshots gallery and each time it was clicked on it would open that file path and show the pictures in it.    i then had to do the correction that you suggested which repaired and pointed back to the folder in user appdata skype pictures.  i copied and pasted  from my pictures to the skype pictuers the picture i wanted to use in my profile.  Now the snapshots gallery contains all the snapshots taken when on a video call in skype  and the one i use for my profile picture a jpg format.

thannks  and i hope this will help others.

K

kendrick1944
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 44 (35,064 Views)

i couldnt get this to work for me i cant find any of the pictures i took a while ago i really dont want to lose these pictures. please help me find out how to get them back.
braves1fan41990
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 5 of 44 (34,779 Views)

Hold the Windows key and type r.  In the box that comes up type %appdata%\Skype\Pictures <enter>.

That's where your Skype snapshots are stored, in .png file format.  

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Kudos: 1392
Message 6 of 44 (34,775 Views)

I have found the photos in the Picture folder, but I don't know how to get the system to point to where the pictures are held.  I have tried the deletion of the xml file, and reset the date, but still when I try: View - Snapshot Gallery: it is empty.  Any ideas?

johnleonhardt
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 44 (33,622 Views)

johnleonhardt wrote:

I have found the photos in the Picture folder, but I don't know how to get the system to point to where the pictures are held.  I have tried the deletion of the xml file, and reset the date, but still when I try: View - Snapshot Gallery: it is empty.  Any ideas?

This might be your case or not, but just be aware that the only pictures that are shown in View Snapshot Gallery are snapshots taken of the incoming video. Snapshots of yourself are not shown there, even if they are also located in the Pictures folder.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 8 of 44 (33,617 Views)

Thanks for the additional info.  Actually I have a couple of hundred video call snapshots in .png.  they are all in the appdata/roaming/Skype/pictures folder - but the Skype program can't find them for the display. 

johnleonhardt
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 44 (33,608 Views)

johnleonhardt wrote:

Thanks for the additional info.  Actually I have a couple of hundred video call snapshots in .png.  they are all in the appdata/roaming/Skype/pictures folder - but the Skype program can't find them for the display. 

Open the config.xml file in any text editor (can be e.g. Notepad). Find there a section starting with <General>. Within this section you should see a line starting with <AvatarPath> and ending with </AvatartPath>. What path is specified between these two tags?

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 10 of 44 (33,605 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling