snapshot gallery

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

snapshot gallery

When I go to view the snapshot gallery it's shaded, and won't let me click it how do i get it back? my husband in iraq and i can't see my pictures. Please help....

marcia

mmills
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 17 (6,535 Views)

Re: snapshot gallery

Using the snapshot gallery you can only see snapshots of incoming video which were taken on your own computer. If you take a snapshot of yourself, it will not be shown in the gallery. The snapshots gallery menu will first be activated when you have at least one image of the incoming video in the Pictures folder. You can access this folder by executing the command %appdata%\skype\pictures from Windows Start Search/Run box.
ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6307
Message 2 of 17 (6,409 Views)

same problem here , i cant take snapshot too , for the other side webcam too !

what is the problem ?  my skype version is  5.5.0.119 

Akaber
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 17 (6,399 Views)

this is screen shot for my video setting , i cant found the snapshot button !

i52.tinypic.com/25ez3vm.jpg

Akaber
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 17 (6,393 Views)

There is no separate snapshot button in Video settings. The Change your profile picture button actually takes a snapshot but also you will get changed your profile picture. This is a very strange and annoying modification of the functionality made in Skype 5.5.
ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 5 of 17 (6,391 Views)

Did not restore my pictures to my snapshot gallery

Maela
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 6 of 17 (6,138 Views)

when I downloaded new version of skype I lost all my photos in gallery. can I get them back??? Plus it doesn't have the snapshot availlible anywhere......

pcolburn4
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 7 of 17 (6,128 Views)

Go to Windows Start and in the Search/Run box type %appdata%\skype\pictures, press Enter or OK button. If you still have any video snapshots, you shold find them in this Pictures folder.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 8 of 17 (6,121 Views)

Where the hell did all of my snapshots go?

Yes, I entered "%appdata%\skype\pictures" in the run command. No, they aren't there.
And no, I do not want to rejoin facebook. I've been sober of it for a few months now, ever since they started getting squirrely with my information, and since the ToS's started getting longer and longer. The passage "... To use your name, likeness and image for any purpose, including commercial or advertising, each of (a) and (b) on or in connection with the Facebook Service or the promotion thereof..." had me pretty much convinced, among the rest of the prolix lawyerspeak.

Now, with all of the buying outs and the mergers and all that greedy nonsense, I can't say I'm surprised to witness leaks in the system such as these -- however intentional they might actually be. Either way, it's upsetting, disturbing, and downright scary. I'm finding it increasingly difficult to trust these guys to do the right and respectful things with their faithful consumers. Not to mention the federal government's attemps to censor the web. The devil is in the details.

As this new year goes on and conspiracy awareness swells, "the end" could be anybody's guess. My opinion? Social networking has a perfect disguise and an overwhelming command of the masses. What would you do with that kind of power?

AllegroRitmico
Casual Tourist
Message 9 of 17 (5,892 Views)

omg just having this problem, have you managed to find out how to retrieve the snaps??!!
suzypuzy12
Novel Tourist
Message 10 of 17 (5,500 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling