skype video unable to use dell video integrated so...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

skype video unable to use dell video integrated software

Hi,

When i start up my dell integrated software video, the error message is 'to use this feature, ensure that the video streaming format is not MJPEG or H.264'. how do i resolve this?

Ian1989
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 4 (3,266 Views)

Re: skype video unable to use dell video integrated software

Most likely you need to disable Dell Webcam Central when using Skype.

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-desktop-client/Video-quality-poor-after-skype-update/m-p/15176...

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 7310
Message 2 of 4 (3,259 Views)

I too have the exact same issue. Did you get yours resolved? Mine was working fine until I downloaded the last Skype update. My Webcam is working fine other than not connecting to Skype.

Suzen
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 4 (2,761 Views)

Suzen wrote:

I too have the exact same issue. Did you get yours resolved? Mine was working fine until I downloaded the last Skype update. My Webcam is working fine other than not connecting to Skype.

Please, see this:

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-desktop-client/No-Video-on-Dell-XPS-17-but-works-fine-in-other...

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 7310
Message 4 of 4 (2,758 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling