Re: skype-skype calls do not work

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

skype-skype calls do not work

for the past two days, I have been trying to call (skype to skype) and it does not even ring, when I click call, it lasts for less than 3 seconds without even ringing and hangs up on its own. The problem is definitely in my computer/skype because the person I am calling can normally use skype with other contacts except me. please help!!

help1990
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 6
Message 1 of 6 (2,440 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi, Same here, but mine is worst it start with not even showing me the people connected and then it turns up on some people appear connected and some other not but I cant call any of them even if i know they are there it does exactly the same 3 seconds thing, i reinstall the skype, used in another computer and in my iphone, and the result is the same, so is not a problem on your PC is clearly a problem with the user. I thought it could be a problem with the version of it so i updated as well, but no luck. And today it turns up that two of my friends in my office have the same problem with me and other contacts.

colocoquillo
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 2 of 6 (2,436 Views)

Me too! I tried another laptop..and it still did not work..i uninstalled and reinstalled skype all over again..and it still did not work..i do not know what else to do…

help1990
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 6
Message 3 of 6 (2,421 Views)

As i said my friend, it looks like is not a problem on your computer/installation it is clearly a problem on your user, and there is nothing you can do, it looks like is a problem on their servers with some users. Please any Skype moderator??? i really need to fix this, is for a business use and i cant work without skype.
colocoquillo
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 4 of 6 (2,411 Views)

Same problem here! Started yesterday.
SweSkype
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 5 of 6 (2,004 Views)

Skype to Skype will not work, just hangs up

Same here, I'm in Thailand and my kids are in Aus, I haven't been able to call by daughter for over a month and now in the last couple of days I can't call him, I'm using a laptop with XP and they have i phones, it's never been a problem before..............anyone? I have the latest version but I think I'll delete and re-load.

Tiztom
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 6 of 6 (1,821 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling