skype for deaf

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

skype for deaf

My grandpa can't hear verry well and I would like to know if when you call him on Skype if close captioning/ words will come up under the screen so he can read what I say. 

Gormm
Casual Adventurer

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

If he has trouble reading what you type....... WRITE LIKE THIS INSTEAD!

View solution in original post
annad95
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 6
Message 1 of 15 (5,324 Views)

Re: skype for deaf

If he has trouble reading what you type....... WRITE LIKE THIS INSTEAD!

Gormm
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 2 of 15 (5,238 Views)

There is no voice-to-text live transcription feature available in Skype. You might want to resort to text chatting in this case.

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 13880
Message 3 of 15 (5,233 Views)

I have a few friends who are deaf and they want to know if there is anyway of getting a notification when someone sends them an IM on Skype? Or if on some devices tey can get a vibrator alert?

Look forward to your response,

who-me
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 15 (5,193 Views)

Captions for hearing impaired would be awesome and a WIN-WIN for Microsoft and Skype. There are a lot of elderly people that would use Skype to both see and hear loved ones. Hearing loss is part of aging. Captions would go a long way. My 94 year old mother can only take a phone call with the help of her internet phone and captions. 

cmwilkerson
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 5
Message 5 of 15 (4,273 Views)

I am in total agreement. With an aging population, Microsoft and Skype could only benefit by offering this technology.
Posted from Apple iPad
JoyfulMom
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 15 (4,107 Views)

i have captel captions service with my phone home wifi internet connection  how do i use it with skype. 

door2
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 7 of 15 (4,051 Views)

You guys should link with CapTel for closed captions.  Closed captions will become more and more important as the user base ages.

clayduke
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 15 (3,784 Views)

Do you plan to have such a feature in the future? Would be very useful for a relatively small portion of your subscribers. So, would not be a huge burden on your resources. Perhaps linking with CapTel would be the answer?
clayduke
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 15 (3,781 Views)

Not only elderly, but me too I'm HOH and I'm 17
Posted from Motorola XT907
sweetness191
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 10 of 15 (3,441 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling