skype cannot connect/use my Dell integrated webcam...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

skype cannot connect/use my Dell integrated webcam in my laptop?profile.language=en

troubled by unreliable webcam.driver is updated,system says device is working perfectly.Occasionalmesages advise to close any other applications that could be using the webcam...How?

fngw
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 3 (1,947 Views)

Re: skype cannot connect/use my Dell integrated webcam in my laptop?profile.language=en

[ Edited ]

You can try uninstalling and reinstalling your webcam drivers.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6844
Message 2 of 3 (1,945 Views)

Re: skype cannot connect/use my Dell integrated webcam in my laptop?profile.language=en

[ Edited ]

Hi, regarding ths issue you reported. where webcam on dell computer is not recognized, It should be solved in the next version of Skype, 6.7 that should be publicly available in approximately 10-15 days.

You can try whether this version solves your problem temporary
http://download.skype.com/msi/SkypeSetup_6.1.0.129.msi

kerojarun
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 154
Message 3 of 3 (1,912 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling