"Problem with recording device"

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

"Problem with recording device"

Hi, I am having a problem with Skype for a couple days now, I have tried looking through other threads on help but nothing useful has came up. The problem is whenever I make a call or attempt to recieve call, the call will end immediately and I get an error message at the top saying "Problem with recording device". Can somebody please help me on this?

dan713
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 1 of 12 (18,898 Views)

Re: "Problem with recording device"

The issue is with your Microphone.

In skype, click on Tools > Options > Audio settings.  Make sure the choice in the Microphone window is set properly.

Here is a MR. FixIT

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/AudioPlayback/

Visit the page and click the FixIT icon.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6294
Message 2 of 12 (18,892 Views)

Unfortunatley this did not work :sad: It is still saying "Problem with playback device". I clicked on the red signal button at the top and I took a screenshot. See attachment 

dan713
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 3 of 12 (18,885 Views)

Open Windows Sound Control Panel -> Recording devices. What do you see there as your default Microphone device?

Also, in Windows Device Manager -> Sound, video and game controllers, is Realtek High Definition Audio listed as working sound device?

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6554
Message 4 of 12 (18,878 Views)

dan713 wrote:

Unfortunatley this did not work :sad: It is still saying "Problem with playback device". I clicked on the red signal button at the top and I took a screenshot. See attachment 

Try to reset skype settings

Exit Skype : From the system tray >> right click on the skype icon and click "Quit Skype"

Click Start >> Run Type: %appdata% Rename folder "Skype" to "Old_Skype"

Re-run Skype

You will need your password to re-log on, and re-set any options from default

After the reset, please follow the instructions:

https://support.skype.com/en-us/faq/FA10330/how-do-i-adjust-the-sound-settings-on-my-computer-and-in...

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6294
Message 5 of 12 (18,867 Views)

Thank you Tamim... it worked for me.... Thank you for sharing such a nice info here.
Mohd-SAQIB
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 6 of 12 (17,934 Views)

I have been working fine for many years using a old version mac, but days ago stars giving me a mesage "Recording Error" usualy gives one ring then come out and gives  that mesage (Recording Error). I can no use a new version since my equipement do not support this arquitecture. My equipement is a mini Mac  1 gb memory and 1.42 GHZ version 10.5.8.

I been glad to keep working with my old version, thanks

orito22
Casual Tourist
Message 7 of 12 (14,062 Views)

What fixed mine is i didnt have my mic plugged in. Hope that fixes it.

Evasion
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 12 (12,984 Views)

problem with recording device   plz help me

dbu
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 9 of 12 (10,025 Views)

In Skype go to Tools -> Options -> Audio settings. What device do you see selected there as your Microphone. Is there more than one option available in the selection box? Can you see any response on the Volume bar when you make any sound?

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6554
Message 10 of 12 (10,017 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling