"Problem with recording device" error

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

"Problem with recording device" error

Skype had been working well until recently.   Now I am no longer to make calls with Skype not handling my audio recording device.  I am not aware of any changes I made to the HP Laptop with builtin mic and camera running Windows 7 Home Premium edition.  When tyring to call Skype's "Echo / Sound Test Service", it hangs up during its Welcome message with the text message, "Call to Echo / Sound Test Service, no answer."  It also displays a message "Problem with recording device."  I have tried the beta version of Skype with the same error.   I am able to access the audio devices through the taskbar and the recording tab does recognize sounds.  I am able to use Windows 7 Accessory "Sound Recorder".  However, Skype continues to handle the recording device.  Any suggestions on how to get Skype to recognize/handle the recording device.

As an aside I do get a Runtime error during Windows startup which I don't know if this error is related to the Skype error.  Here is the Windows runtime startup error,

Runtime Error!

Program:

...Hewlet-Packard\TouchSmart\Media\Kernel\CLML\CLMLSvc.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact the application support team for more information.

wolverinedad3
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 3 (629 Views)

Re: "Problem with recording device" error

i have the some problem since yesterday. Have you got your problem solved?

alicehite
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 3 (414 Views)

Re: "Problem with recording device" error

alicehite wrote:

i have the some problem since yesterday. Have you got your problem solved?

What do you have selected for Microphone in Skype Tools -> Options -> Audio settings? Is there more than one option available in the selection box?

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 7419
Message 3 of 3 (403 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling