"Cannot Connect to download server"

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Re: "Cannot Connect to download server"

I had to uninstall the .112 version I had on my computer, but this did work. Thank you!

eeyore_girl
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 11 of 23 (2,425 Views)

eeyore_girl wrote:

I had to uninstall the .112 version I had on my computer, but this did work. Thank you!

You are very welcome, could you please click the "Accept this as solution" button on my post, that solved your issue, so that others having this same issue can find this information easily, thanks.

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 1614
Message 12 of 23 (2,423 Views)

Hello,

I'm having the same issues as eeyoregirl, overlord. Try to download skype, it then tells me to uninstall old version of skype, and it says that it cannot find the file and sends me an error message. This is getting very frustrating. It does this with both the regular versions of skype and the business version. I've tried everything that you've suggested to eeyoregirl, and none of it works. Do you have anymore suggestions?? I'm starting to wonder if it's not our computers and it's rather an internal matter at Skype. Please Help!

missinugianna
Novel Tourist
Message 13 of 23 (2,420 Views)

So, you have tried to uninstall Skype using the Windows Control Panel Add/Remove programs and it failed?

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Message 14 of 23 (2,413 Views)

im having the same problem :sad: im new to skype.. and i have downloaded it. however when i try to log in it says that it cannot connect. its really frustrating :sad:

ive nearly tried everything.. i dont understand why it is not connecting.. please help me!!!

sarahjswift
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 15 of 23 (2,269 Views)

sarahjswift wrote:

im having the same problem :sad: im new to skype.. and i have downloaded it. however when i try to log in it says that it cannot connect. its really frustrating :sad:

ive nearly tried everything.. i dont understand why it is not connecting.. please help me!!!

Please follow these Steps:

1. Only do Step 1 if you are on WIN7:

Stop Skype.

Be sure that Compatibility Mode is not enabled (right-click on Skype shortcut icon/launcher and select Properties >> Compatibility) - for Windows 7 users only.

Try to launch Skype.

2. If Step 1 fails or you are NOT using WIN7 do:

Open an Internet Explorer browser, and go to https://login.skype.com/account/login-form?intcmp=sign-in&return_url=https%3A%2F%2Fsecure.skype.com%... , what happens?

If you see a message box that contains a connect button, please click on the connect button.

If the page fails to display, Please do the instructions below. Using your Windows Control Panel, please do:

Internet Options -> Advanced Tab Please click the "Reset" button.

Then, Go to the Connections Tab.

Make sure that the only checkbox checked is "Automatically detect settings", then click the "OK" button.

Close any open Internet Explorer browser windows, open a new IE browser window and try https://login.skype.com/account/login-form?intcmp=sign-in&return_url=https%3A%2F%2Fsecure.skype.com%... again. What happens? If it works, please stop/start Skype What happens?

3. If Step 2 does NOT solve the problem:

Please install the normal version using the instructions below:

You can install the Current release by clicking this link: http://download.skype.com/SkypeSetup.exe

Please do NOT remove what you already have installed, simply, install over.

These instructions have worked for many and is the quickest thing to try to resolve issues such as this.

Also, what operating system are you on?

What is the Make and Model of your computer?

Do you have all Windows updates and updates to any hardware devices by the manufacturers?

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Message 16 of 23 (2,262 Views)

im having a problem with installing skype it sometimes installs untill 99 % then says problem cant connect to server to download or when i press run it opens the window and pretends its installing but does nothing untill i exit or do something else
alex9002
Novel Adventurer
Message 17 of 23 (1,709 Views)

it says to download alternative installer but i cant find a solution :S
alex9002
Novel Adventurer
Message 18 of 23 (1,707 Views)

and i dont have any previous skype installed :S plz help asap
alex9002
Novel Adventurer
Message 19 of 23 (1,703 Views)

Please try the 'Windows Beta" link below, choose the run/open option instead of saving first.

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Message 20 of 23 (1,690 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling