pop-up notifications whenever contacts go online

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

pop-up notifications whenever contacts go online

How do you disable the popup notifications whenever a contact goes online?  I can just open the skype window to see when a contact is online, I don't want constant notifications that someone I skype with twice a year has logged on. Go away little pop-up!  It's so annoying, I might use another video chat service.

ruwim
Community Ambassador

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

Tools -> Options -> Notification settings.

View solution in original post
snseifert
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 18 (16,232 Views)

Re: pop-up notifications whenever contacts go online

Tools -> Options -> Notification settings.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6814
Message 2 of 18 (16,219 Views)

dear lord, thank you sir!

snseifert
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 18 (16,211 Views)

[ Edited ]

Similarly, is there a way to choose whom I am notified about being on- or off-line? I have only a few contacts anyway, but only one of whom I converse with (or even want to) somewhat often. I would like to know (preferably as a notification) that he is on or off, aside from just having his profile (with our recent IMs) visible, showing only discretely whether he is available.

kellymmh
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 18 (16,080 Views)

[ Edited ]

See.. I have the opposite problem. The pop-ups won't display anymore for me this stopped a while ago, It used to tell me when someone came online, it wouldn't say when someone went offline though, now it won't do either, yes I checked that it was set to do so in the notifications it won't even show the example. The numbers on the bottum that tell me how many messages I have waiting aren't working either the icon in the tray just turns a shade of orange and i hear the sound. 

Also Yes I've cleared the registry of skype several times, yes I've tried making the icons on the task bar small, yes I've checked to make sure compatibility mode was off. and Yes I'm using beta, I have windows 7(64bit), and yes I've checked to see if there is an logged errors.

silvermisted_fi
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 5 of 18 (15,643 Views)

This solution did not work for me. I can find neither 'Tools' or 'Options' anywhere in my Skype application.

The only option for 'Notification Settings' is under Conversations. This only enables you to control notifications about particular conversations.

Please advise where I am going wrong.
cypressmintz
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 18 (15,590 Views)

cypressmintz wrote:
This solution did not work for me. I can find neither 'Tools' or 'Options' anywhere in my Skype application.

The only option for 'Notification Settings' is under Conversations. This only enables you to control notifications about particular conversations.

Please advise where I am going wrong.

What version of Windows are you running?  XP?  Vista?  Win 7/8?

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 861
Message 7 of 18 (15,585 Views)

I am on a Mac, OS 10.8.2, Mountain Lion. 

My popup notification when a contact comes on line has stopped working; occasioanly I DO HEAR the Audio alert....but the window DOES NOT show

Thanks

shelgor
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 18 (15,256 Views)

sorry, wrong door
this is Windows section
repost to Mac
http://community.skype.com/t5/Mac/bd-p/Mac

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6183
Message 9 of 18 (15,254 Views)

Post transferred to Computer: Mac message board and to create its own new thread. The Windows and Mac versions of the Skype client software look and act differently, so solutions to usability questions will be different!

Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1962
Message 10 of 18 (14,606 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling