my video screen was reversed

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

my video screen was reversed

the appearance of my video on my skype video calls was reversed, it's wiered. the other party gets confused, i was raising my right hand but they thought it was my left hand was raising. how can i get it back my video appearance like a mirror to me?

jacobatandoc
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 10 (6,892 Views)

Re: my video screen was reversed

The problem is likely in settings in the software provided with your webcam.  For example, in the Logitech webcam advanced settings there's an Image orientation option:  Normed/Mirrored.

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 1108
Message 2 of 10 (6,889 Views)

Mine is too - ever since the last upgrade when they also made the picture of me so small I can hardly tell if I'm even in the screen!  I can't find anyplace to adjust either issue.

sterf
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 10 (6,884 Views)

If your own video is mirrored in Tools > Options > Video settings, the mirroring is being done by your webcam driver/software, not by Skype.

As for the small PIP, click on the PIP once.  That will make it larger and also allow you to adjust the size further by dragging the corners of the PIP window.

g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Message 4 of 10 (6,881 Views)

g4pilut wrote:

If your own video is mirrored in Tools > Options > Video settings, the mirroring is being done by your webcam driver/software, not by Skype.

Okay.  Care to offer any advice on how to fix the problem, since the video settings preview is not mirrored?

MPA2000
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 10 (6,789 Views)

If your video isn't mirror on the Video settings page, what's actually the problem?

g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Message 6 of 10 (6,785 Views)

I have the same reversed video of myself during calls yet not in video preview settings, Clearly a Skype problem, the camera driver does not support a reverse setting.
Please help Skype support !
Anyone ???,
maybe time to switch to google.
kirk_kash
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 7 of 10 (6,563 Views)

For some bizzare reason the Skype code writers think people want to see themselves in a mirror on the preview window even though we are in the 21st century and are familiar with seeing ourselves on camera, non-mirrored.  Take the setup window.  It is not mirrored and we are comfortable with it and understand it.  Most all other chat previews show us the video OTHERS are seeing, and that makes perfect sense.  After all, it is a PREVIEW of what THEY see, so it should be the same, NOT mirrored.  At the very least we should have an option, but the developers don't seem to think anyone would have a view (or preview) other than their own.(?)  Silly and needless to pervert the preview window by mirroring it. 

mrjes
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 10 (6,306 Views)

Well...most of the time I actually prefer seeing myself as I do when looking in a mirror.  I think the point is it would be nice if Skype would give us to option to mirror or not mirror our PIP.   However, I'm not holding my breath waiting for that option to be offered.  :wink:

g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Message 9 of 10 (6,272 Views)

I had the same problem: Skype video reversed L-R while in calls, but correct in Video settings.

There are no mirror video settings in the Video settings.

My solution lay with my OEM camera utilities - in my case, Dell WebCam Utility.

Toggle the mirror setting in your camera utility. If it's on, turn it off. If it's off, turn it on.

Skype Version: 6.14.04

黄智壯
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 6
Message 10 of 10 (982 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling