latest windows 7 skype version number

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

latest windows 7 skype version number

I want to know what the latest version number is of the Windows client Skype. I cannot find the number just that I can install the latest version. My actual version of skype is ( there seems to be a problem to copy the number, why is that not possible. Is anyone enjoying themself that they make such programs so annoying that you can't do anything with it?) 5.10.0.116.

Is this the version where I can merge my msn account with my Skype account. I hope there is someone friendly who will answer my question and where I can find which is the latest Skype version.

Bastiaanforever
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 8 (5,587 Views)

Re: latest windows 7 skype version number

[ Edited ]

Please use this direct link to download the latest version of skype 6.1.0.129

http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-full

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6462
Message 2 of 8 (5,583 Views)

Hi Tamim,

Although this posting is almost a year old I thought I would mention this.  The original posting asked for the latest version number of Skype at that time.  The link you gave sends a person to the Download information/link for the major version (version 6 as of today).  However I wish to know the latest full version number available at this time.  My Skype shows a version of 6.11.0.102 and the Check for Updates option tells me that I have the latest version.  Yet I have seen questions and postings for 6.3.0.105.  Hence my question of wishing to know the latest full version number available at this time.

Thank you for your assistance

ShadowWalker
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 3 of 8 (3,571 Views)

Currently the latest Windows desktop client version is 6.11.0.102 and Apple OSX is 6.12.59.431 I'm still hoping for a new version that brings the long awaited Opus audio codec.
Posted from Apple iPad
dmartocci
Reliable Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 4 of 8 (3,565 Views)

Thank you letting me know my version is up-to-date.  As with you, I also am hoping for the new audio codec.

Cheers

ShadowWalker
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 5 of 8 (3,536 Views)

Just a heads up, Skype released a new version, 6.13 a few days ago, and still no Opus support. I'm starting to think Opus was either a massive lie or a huge failure.

MikeWolf
Reliable Adventurer
Message 6 of 8 (3,326 Views)

My questions are:

What is the latest version of Skype for all of the various operating systems without having to install or reinstall the product on my computer to find out this answer?

Where can I find a page that simply lists, in a simple text and numeric form the latest version numbers of Skype that serve the various Operating Systems...without any other superfulous information, topics, links or discussions?

Skype seems to want to keep this information either a secret or buried and hard to find. Why???

I can easily find out what version i'm currently running, by going to: Help>About Skype, But that is not my question. An admin here telling me the answer to my question can only be done by running Setup.EXE or Install the Latest Version and you will learn what the latest version is, is also not the answer to my question. I want to easily look up the number, not reinstall the software.

Why is there an effort by this company not to display this information in an easy to find form on this website?  What are you purposely hiding and why?

If you Google "What Are The Latest Version Numbers For Skype" you end up on a wild goose chase, and still end up with a lot of out of date information because this company makes an effort to not disclose this information unless the user does a fresh install. Am I right? 

Some company sites even detect which version of their software you are currently running and tell you directly next to it, what the current version is. 

Skype wants people to keep re-installing the product instead of giving out this information. Correct?

Stop playing word games with answers like this: "You can simply click the "Get Skype" link above, to download the latest version of Skype for your operating system or the device you are using.  No need to go to the Skype garage blog section.  When Skype release a new update, they make it available in both the official download page (Get Skype section), and the Skype garage blog section

I don't want to install the product, I don't want to reinstall the product., Admin what is my solution to getting the answer to my question:

What is the latest version of Skype for all of the various operating systems without having to install or reinstall the product on my computer to find out this answer?

Please tell me where I can find this information on skype.com

theHuman
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 8 (2,730 Views)

Unfortunately, and this is a very sad situation, such information is not available from any official Skype site.

The currently latest version of Skype for Windows desktop is 6.14.X.104.

The "basic" version is with X = 0 (i.e. 6.14.0.104). When you download Skype from Skype.com site you can get different versions with different X (as e.g. X = 59, X= 60, X = 64 and more). You don't have any control which subversion (i.e. with different X) you get installed.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6945
Message 8 of 8 (2,727 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling