issues sending files/photos

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

issues sending files/photos

I have attempted to send photo to one of my friends through skype and for some reason the file just shows waiting and it shows that it's working on sending the photo but, the photo is never sent. Does anyone have any issues similar to this? Or does anyone have any suggestions on what i can do?

Thanks!

Yuca-casamiento
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 7 (14,394 Views)

Re: issues sending files/photos

Generally, if you are having problems connecting to Skype server you will encounter this problem where your chat / pictures are being delivered late or not at all.

To resolve this issue, then locate and delete the shared.xml file used by Skype.

1. Ensure that "Show hidden files and folders" is switched on.

Click Start and then Run Type "control folders" and click OK. In the View tab, ensure that Show hidden files and folders is enabled 

2. Exit Skype : From the system tray >> right click on the skype icon and click "Quit Skype"

3. Click Start >> Run Type: %appdata%/skype and click OK. Delete the shared.xml file.

4. Restart Skype. The shared.xml file will be recreated.

If not resolve this issue, then

Please do a Skype reset:

1. Ensure that "Show hidden files and folders" is switched on.

Click Start and then Run Type "control folders" and click OK. In the View tab, ensure that Show hidden files and folders is enabled

2. Exit Skype : From the system tray >> right click on the skype icon and click "Quit Skype"

3. Click Start >> Run Type: %appdata% Delete folder "Skype".

4. Re-run Skype

Note: Please take a backup of your Skype folder before deleting.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6846
Message 2 of 7 (14,300 Views)

This answer is fine for the people that are computer literate.
What about use people that arn't computer literate.
Isn't there an easer way for us common users that want to send photos it fix the problem.
It is a feature on Skype that is suppose to be easy to use?????

Regards Not a happy Grumpy,.
Grumpy34
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 7 (14,268 Views)

Grumpy34 wrote:
This answer is fine for the people that are computer literate.
What about use people that arn't computer literate.
Isn't there an easer way for us common users that want to send photos it fix the problem.
It is a feature on Skype that is suppose to be easy to use?????

Regards Not a happy Grumpy,.

Whenever you are trying to send any files using Skype, you must be aware about two conditions:

- The contact to whom you are sending the file must be Online.

- The contact to whom you are sending the file must accept (press save) the file.

Otherwise, file transmission will not be accomplished.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6428
Message 4 of 7 (14,251 Views)

When sending files I understand that the recipient needs to be on line and needs to accept the file. 

Does the sender of the file need to be on line as well at the same time as the transfer for this to happen?  Or can I send the file into the cloud and sign off.  Then can I check later on, to see if the transfer was completed?

If I can send it into the cloud, How do I know when I can sign off to make sure the entire file is sent?

alex_aim1
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 7 (14,098 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi, alex_aim1, and welcome to the Community,

Reiterating and clarifying my colleague Ruwim's post, above, both the sender and receiver of the file must be on-line at the same time in order to perform file/picture transfers.  Skype stopped allowing us to send files "to the cloud" a while ago; this is a huge "resource hog" using geek speak.

Kind regards,

Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Do you have a Skype trick up your sleeve?  Share your Solutions and Tips with us!

If a reply answered your question, please click on the Accept as a Solution link so others following in your footsteps can find what works! If anyone helped you, you can show your appreciation and thanks by clicking on the Kudos button!
-> Good reads: David Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security and for the

Favorite Tip for This Week: Do not accept contact invitations from anyone whom you do not know.

Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1627
Message 6 of 7 (14,094 Views)

i got the same problem

waiting and waiting........

theloner
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 7 (727 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling