how to back to previous version of skype?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

how to back to previous version of skype?

my skype was automatically update, and i don't like new version. can i back to previous version? and secound problem... how to turn off automatically updates?

jonh

g4pilut
Community Ambassador

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

You can download an installer for pervious versions of Skype here:

http://www.filehippo.com/download_skype/

The last version that had an option to turn off automatic updates was 4.2.0.187...if memory serves me.

View solution in original post
antymon400
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 1 of 16 (31,503 Views)

Re: how to back to previous version of skype?

You can download an installer for pervious versions of Skype here:

http://www.filehippo.com/download_skype/

The last version that had an option to turn off automatic updates was 4.2.0.187...if memory serves me.

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 845
Message 2 of 16 (31,352 Views)

"The last version that had an option to turn off automatic updates was 4.2.0.187...if memory serves me."

it's stupid. time to leave skype forever.

antymon400
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 3 of 16 (31,347 Views)

I have gone to that hippo website and my protection software indicates the website is unsafe for my computer. Does Skype have a way to do this?

soperfamily2
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 16 (31,231 Views)

No, Skype doesn't endorse going back to older versions, especially as far back as v4.

I supposed there's some possiblity that hippo might have some unsafe links but I've used a number of installers from that site and never had a problem.  I've also recommended to dozens of others and nobody has every had a malware type problem from using hippo.

It sounds to me like whatever a/v you're using is giving you a false positive.  You could try http://www.oldapps.com/skype.php  to see if that's any better.   If not...I'm out of ideas.

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 845
Message 5 of 16 (31,215 Views)

[ Edited ]

I used  http://www.oldapps.com/skype.php  to rollback to 5.3.0.120 last night as I dislike the latest version of Skype intensely - particularly the changes to the video call user interface and toolbar.  The rollback worked fine and I've now escaped back to a vastly better version of Skype!

Whay can't the geeks at Skype learn NOT to fiddle with things which don't need 'improving'?

nickwilcock
Routine Adventurer
Message 6 of 16 (31,168 Views)

Thanks,

Hated the newest verson of Skype. Was able to download old version of skype 2.8 for my MACBOOK from http://mac.oldapps.com/skype.php and got my old version back. Thanks so much for the help. 

kayo55
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 7 of 16 (30,813 Views)

i need help I want back my normal Skype i go in your page How to back to previous of Skype and i press in the long link but when I doolow i can hope in my computer please i need help thank you so much
titti5
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 16 (28,545 Views)

I had to uninstall the Newer version of Skype 5.10.0.114 because I was unable to add or change a Metacafe and Dailymotion video for my mood. I now am back to the Older version of Skype 5.1.0.104, which does support the Metacafe and Dailymotion video function. Surely, the Newer version should have the function, where you can add and remove Metacafe or Dailymotion mood videos and more? Please advise. Thanks, GTM:wink:
GTM
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 16 (27,462 Views)

what's an alternative to skype? I'm sick of it too!
prothmaler
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 10 of 16 (22,686 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling