deleting Skype names on login

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

deleting Skype names on login

How do you remove skype names from the login window? I have tried some of the solutions noted but on my mac (lion) under users library application support ...there is no folder for skype and accounts. I have uninstalled skype but still have skype names showing that I want / need to delete ...can anyone help!!!Thanks Baz

bazauae
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 25 (21,925 Views)

Re: deleting Skype names on login

try opening location  User/Library/Application Support/Skype then delete the folder named after the Skype Name you wish to remove from the sign-in screen.

*User is your computer name

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1419
Message 2 of 25 (21,905 Views)

I am unable to find any folder in application support for skype no matter where I look ...under any user! / computer name, is there some specific file I can search for  or some other way of deleting login names?

bazauae
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 25 (21,830 Views)

Thanks, this solved my problem...thanks so much..

angelbabe1019
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 25 (21,814 Views)

I am still unable to delte nother skype name from the dropdown menu when I go to login! Can anyone come up with a solution as to how to do this!

Many thanks  

bazauae
Casual Adventurer
Message 5 of 25 (21,804 Views)

hi did you figure it out? i can't figure out how to remove the list as well.
katchup
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 25 (21,776 Views)

you can just select/highlight the name then hit delete or backspace.

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES

Primemover
Power User
Message 7 of 25 (21,771 Views)

No highlighting and deleting does not work ...go back to the dropdown menu and its still there. So no one at skype it would appear is able to provide a solution as to how this can be done!!!? very dissappointing at the lack of support.

bazauae
Casual Adventurer
Message 8 of 25 (21,764 Views)

sorry but this forum page is not an official channel of the Skype customer service, if you want to communicate with someone from Skype, open the link below and click the Email Support button.  The suggestions that we are posting here are based on the solutions that worked in most cases.  we understand that it may and it will not fix the said problems all the times.  :happy:

https://support.skype.com/support_selection

Primemover
Power User
Message 9 of 25 (21,755 Views)

Make sure you have Skype *not* running while you delete these folders. When you start Skype next time the deleted folder names should not be shown on the dropdown.

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 10383
Message 10 of 25 (21,750 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling