Re: deleting Skype names on login

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

I found that if I used the Terminal I could change into the correct folders indicated in this reply, on the command line. I could not however, locate them in the Finder GUI window.
littlemonkey
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 11 of 27 (44,505 Views)

How to delete Skype login names

Hi Folks. Here is an example of how to do this in Windows XP.

1. Make sure that Skype is not running. If the Skype icon is visible in the Tray, right-click

and click Exit.

2. Browse to C:\Documents and Settings\<Your XP Username>\Application Data\Skype

There you will find a separate folder for each Skype user who has previously logged in on this computer.

3. Delete the entire folder for each username you want to get rid of.

woodsfaerie
Novel Tourist
Message 12 of 27 (44,369 Views)

[ Edited ]

Windows:

If Windows is configured to allow you to get to the RUN screen via the Start button, do so, and then type "%appdata%\skype" (without the quotes) and press Enter -- this should cause Windows Explorer to open and display the contents of the Skype folder.

In that folder you should see other folder names which correspond to all Skype users that have ever used your machine to sign in (note that this only applies to the CURRENT Windows user that is signed in -- for other Windows logins, there should be corresponding Skype application folders)

Simply delete the folders (and all sub-folders) of the ones that you no longer wish to be listed on the dropdown menu on the Skype sign in screen.

Note: Ensure that "Show hidden files and folders" is switched on & Skype is not running.

Mac:

Go to the folder ~/Library/Application Support/Skype/

Please note that the ~ sign means your home folder. You can find your home folder by opening Finder and selecting Go > Home from the menu bar or pressing Command (Apple), Shift and H keys at the same time.

In that folder you should see other folder names which correspond to all Skype users that have ever used your machine to sign in.

Simply delete the folders (and all sub-folders) of the ones that you no longer wish to be listed on the dropdown menu on the Skype sign in screen.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6069
Message 13 of 27 (44,363 Views)

IHJUK1 says:

I asked a friend to make a app to delete log in names from Skype ,,,, here is the app and its free or make a donation!!

http://chaosspace.de/skype-control

ihjuk1
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 14 of 27 (44,183 Views)

ihjuk1 wrote:

IHJUK1 says:

I asked a friend to make a app to delete log in names from Skype ,,,, here is the app and its free or make a donation!!

http://chaosspace.de/skype-control

it's for MAC os only, please be advised that you are posting under a Windows OS discussion.  Moreover, usernames in the login window can be deleted without the need of any third-party program.  Just read Tanim's instructions above.  :happy:

VooDooDoll
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 242
Message 15 of 27 (44,181 Views)

I don't have any folder name library do u have any other option how to do it for those who don't have any library folder,because when I go to finder and click on home button there's lot of folders e.g. downloads,desktop etc accept the library folder I would really appreciate if u can kindly tell me the second option pls

saj29
Novel Tourist
Message 16 of 27 (38,408 Views)

Mac issues should be dealt with in the Mac forum, not here in the Windows forum
Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 270
Message 17 of 27 (38,388 Views)

windows 7 users. 

Here is how you do it:

1) sign out and quit skype.

2) Go here C:\Users\xxxxxxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Skype  (xxxxxxxxxx is your computer name)

3) delete the folder named after the login name you dont want to appear.

4) thank me. 

5) cheers!

dr_neupane
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 18 of 27 (19,921 Views)

Thanks for the help!!!! :happy:
ainterolph2012
Novel Tourist
Message 19 of 27 (17,875 Views)

Type “%appdata%\Skype” and click OK Delete the folder with your Skype name . If you cannot see the folder with your Skype name, press CTRL + H to display hidden folders.
ArunKumarCP
Novel Tourist
Message 20 of 27 (13,755 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling