Your Skype Name and password were not recognized.P...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Your Skype Name and password were not recognized.Please check and try again.

Good Day,

I would like to know what is happening to skype on my computer. I'm using windows 7 though i recently formatted my laptop which was running on windows xp before i changed it to windows 7 and then everything was working perfectly without any sign of error not until i changed it to window 7, so whenever i tried to sign in i kept on getting error message "Your Skype Name and password were not recognized.Please check and try again". Eventhough, i registered new usernames and passwords still getting same error so i later noticed the problem is from my laptop because all the accounts i've opened works on other computers except my own laptop.Please i would like to know solution to this problem because it keeps on giving me headache,Thanks

giadeowo1
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 8 (3,349 Views)

Re: Your Skype Name and password were not recognized.Please check and try again.

Same problem for me. I checked FW and malware, find nothing...
onclebob31
Novel Tourist
Message 2 of 8 (3,117 Views)

Re: Your Skype Name and password were not recognized.Please check and try again.

the same here, I also tired to create new account but it didnt help..

nhana
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 8 (2,747 Views)

Same Problem too.

What can we do to back our skype accounts?

I need to return my skype account

Cause Someone Uses it to scam.

ludyviernes
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 8 (2,667 Views)

My skype system, computer & two skype phones, post power working fine for years, post power interruption the phones will not sign on computer will and is useable name and passwords are there for correct, reset phones put beside base station, can get to the sign on stage and it just sits there, help need phones

perranwellshop
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 8 (2,662 Views)

have the same problem also can anybody help to fix thix problem its giving me hard time 

mdeocampo73
Casual Tourist
Message 6 of 8 (1,549 Views)

i have 2 laptops skype works with one of them... but the other one i am getting same error messages... it was working... what has been changed?

reccayip
Tourist
Message 7 of 8 (1,288 Views)

reccayip wrote:

i have 2 laptops skype works with one of them... but the other one i am getting same error messages... it was working... what has been changed?

What are the error messages?

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 7420
Message 8 of 8 (1,276 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling