Won't sign in

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Won't sign in

I open skype and type in my username and password, then it doesn't sign in even though they are correct, the internet connection and ive tried uninstalling and re-installing and still the same thing happens

Tamim
Super Aviator

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

please add/allow skype program to norton internet security

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows/Connection-Problems/m-p/972512/highlight/true#M71674

View solution in original post
assasinobrad
Novel Adventurer

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

View solution in original post
assasinobrad
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 37 (18,170 Views)

Re: Won't sign in

Do you receive any error code / messages?

What anti-virus application or security suite is installed on your computer?
What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)?
What third-party firewall (if any)?

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6461
Message 2 of 37 (18,163 Views)

No error message it just says above the log in "skype can't connect" and im using norton internet security 2012

assasinobrad
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 37 (18,153 Views)

please add/allow skype program to norton internet security

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows/Connection-Problems/m-p/972512/highlight/true#M71674

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 4 of 37 (18,142 Views)

assasinobrad
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 37 (18,135 Views)

You are very welcome.
Regards,
Tamim

Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 6 of 37 (18,132 Views)

Hi,

cannot sign in either. I get the error message "Disk I/O error. Quit and restart Skype. If you keep seeing this error, please contact Skype customer support". Uninstalled everything skype and reinstalled again but got the same error. Any ideas? 

strassburg
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 7 of 37 (17,272 Views)

strassburg wrote:

Hi,

cannot sign in either. I get the error message "Disk I/O error. Quit and restart Skype. If you keep seeing this error, please contact Skype customer support". Uninstalled everything skype and reinstalled again but got the same error. Any ideas? 

Reset all Skype settings.

Quit Skype or use Windows Task Manager to kill any Skype.exe process. Go to Windows Start and in the Search/Run box type %appdata%, press Enter or click the OK button. The Windows File Explorer will pop up. There locate a folder named “Skype”. Rename this folder to something different, e.g. Skype_old. Restart Skype.

N.B. If needed, you will still be able to re-establish your call and chat history. All data is still saved in the Skype_old folder.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6939
Message 8 of 37 (17,255 Views)

Hi, thanks for your quick support. Forgot to tell you that I am on a Mac though. It happened after I updated to the new version of Skype

strassburg
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 9 of 37 (17,181 Views)

strassburg wrote:

Hi, thanks for your quick support. Forgot to tell you that I am on a Mac though. It happened after I updated to the new version of Skype

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows/Recent-and-History-Crashing/m-p/966252/highlight/true#M71097

Regards,
Tamim

Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 10 of 37 (17,179 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling