Will not show the sign in bars, just appears with ...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Will not show the sign in bars, just appears with the blue skype screen but no where to sign in

When i first started using skype, it was working fine. I tried to sign in the last time, and this happens:

When i click on the skype icon to open up skype, the normal box shows up, but it is just all blue, with the skype logo on the top left. 

Where it normally has the "sign in" & "password" bars, there is nothing.

I have quit the program and opened it back up, same thing, if i left click on the little icon on the bottom of myscreen it says i'm not signed in. So i click "sign in" and nothing happens.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the skype program.

i have also updated it. 

I included a photo, to show what i am talking about.

g4pilut
Community Ambassador

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

vsavic wrote:
Hi! I have the same problem :sad: I have IE 8 and Windows xp, 32-bit. What should I do next?

Here are the steps to take, outlined by ruwim, for your configuation.  Anyone else needs to answer the questions ruwim asked for specifcis for their setup.

In order to test if your Internet Explorer is able to execute JavaScript, do the following test:

Open in your Internet Explorer (no other browser but only IE) this page:

http://www.mistered.us/test/alert.shtml

Click on the “Simply Click This Button” button and watch the response.

If you are not receiving a positive response on this test, then this might indicate that you need to repair registration of the JavaScript components.

Go to Windows Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt.

Type the following in the Command Prompt window and then press Enter:

regsvr32 jscript.dll

You should receive a message saying DllRegisterServer in jscript.dll succeeded.

Reboot your computer. Repeat the JavaScript test using your Internet Explorer.

View solution in original post
kgp
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 18 (3,740 Views)

Re: Will not show the sign in bars, just appears with the blue skype screen but no where to sign in

Yeah, my skype has had the same problem for about two months, and I have NO idea how to fix it. Help??

Klintcardinal
Novel Tourist
Message 2 of 18 (3,623 Views)

Re: Will not show the sign in bars, just appears with the blue skype screen but no where to sign in

kgp wrote:

When i first started using skype, it was working fine. I tried to sign in the last time, and this happens:

When i click on the skype icon to open up skype, the normal box shows up, but it is just all blue, with the skype logo on the top left. 

Where it normally has the "sign in" & "password" bars, there is nothing.

I have quit the program and opened it back up, same thing, if i left click on the little icon on the bottom of myscreen it says i'm not signed in. So i click "sign in" and nothing happens.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the skype program.

i have also updated it. 

I included a photo, to show what i am talking about.

The problem is with your Internet Explorer and JavaScript. Regardless which browser you are using, Skype (since version 5.5) is using Internet Explorer and JavaScript to create and manage the login screen.

Please, answer first these questions:

What version of Windows are you on? Is it 32-bit or 64-bit?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827218

Go to Windows Start and in the Search box type winver.exe and then press Enter.

What is the version of Internet Explorer installed on your computer?

In Internet Explorer go to Help -> About Internet Explorer.

P.S. Please, don’t say that you are not using Internet Explorer. This is irrelevant. Skype depends on Internet Explorer.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 7069
Message 3 of 18 (3,615 Views)

Hi! I have the same problem :sad: I have IE 8 and Windows xp, 32-bit. What should I do next?
vsavic
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 18 (3,570 Views)

you've told us what to do first... then what do we do? i'm having exactly the same issue - surely this a skype issue that they haven't addressed in the update i downloaded?

cheers
kevster1cool
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 18 (3,562 Views)

vsavic wrote:

Here are the steps to take, outlined by ruwim, for your configuation.  Anyone else needs to answer the questions ruwim asked for specifcis for their setup.

In order to test if your Internet Explorer is able to execute JavaScript, do the following test:

Open in your Internet Explorer (no other browser but only IE) this page:

http://www.mistered.us/test/alert.shtml

Click on the “Simply Click This Button” button and watch the response.

If you are not receiving a positive response on this test, then this might indicate that you need to repair registration of the JavaScript components.

Go to Windows Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt.

Type the following in the Command Prompt window and then press Enter:

regsvr32 jscript.dll

You should receive a message saying DllRegisterServer in jscript.dll succeeded.

Reboot your computer. Repeat the JavaScript test using your Internet Explorer.

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Kudos: 941
Message 6 of 18 (3,552 Views)

It works now! :happy: Thank you very much! :bigsmile:
vsavic
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 18 (3,539 Views)

:(y):

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Kudos: 941
Message 8 of 18 (3,533 Views)

What is the solution to this problem with Mozilla Firefox, please? thx
sona
Casual Tourist
Message 9 of 18 (3,469 Views)

Please, don’t say that you are not using Internet Explorer. This is irrelevant. Skype depends on Internet Explorer.
ruwim
Community Ambassador
Kudos: 7069
Message 10 of 18 (3,458 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling