Why cant I install Skype?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Why cant I install Skype?

I have a Windows xp. And everytime I download Skype it gives me a message. Cant install dowload an alternate version. It gives me the link,I do it and I get the same message. What should I do?

Thankyou.

Shuturgal
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 6 (1,056 Views)

Re: Why cant I install Skype?

Same goes here.

I still use 3.0.0.218 becouse is more lite and cool but i got need to Update major and i do it. When i click download i download the new skype and now cannot install it anymore.

xkp
Novel Adventurer
Message 2 of 6 (1,044 Views)

Try downloading the offline installer

http://download.skype.com/msi/SkypeSetup_5.10.0.116.msi

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 8203
Message 3 of 6 (1,022 Views)

Already using 3.6 portable version i feel very nice.

xkp
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 6 (1,018 Views)

If you have trouble installing please always share the full error code that is shown so we can identify where the problem is located.

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 10412
Message 5 of 6 (972 Views)

I want to instal my skyp but always show code eror why
Posted from Samsung SHW-M180S
jelmyforever1
Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 6 of 6 (513 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling