When in a call, skype lowers the volume of other a...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Accepted Solution

When in a call, skype lowers the volume of other applications

Saw you're listening to a song on ITunes, once you call someone on skype, it's volume will be dimmed by 80% to 90%. Is there any way to turn this off? 

Accepted Solution

by Primemover

you can try the procedure below;

1. Open the Run Command

2. Enter or Type mmsys.cpl

3. Click the Communications tab

4. Select Do Nothing

5. Save

lowers volume.png

Note: Actually, it is not Skype that lowers tha volume of other applications, it is windows that changes tha volume of other running applications when it detects communication activities, like a Skype call.

View solution in original post
lelorien
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 17
Message 1 of 36 (245,618 Views)

Re: When in a call, skype lowers the volume of other applications

[ Edited ]

you can try the procedure below;

1. Open the Run Command

2. Enter or Type mmsys.cpl

3. Click the Communications tab

4. Select Do Nothing

5. Save

lowers volume.png

Note: Actually, it is not Skype that lowers tha volume of other applications, it is windows that changes tha volume of other running applications when it detects communication activities, like a Skype call.

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1421
Message 2 of 36 (245,614 Views)

Thanks a million!

lelorien
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 17
Message 3 of 36 (245,610 Views)

my computer does not have the communications tab. Now what?

singfromfeel1
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 36 (245,522 Views)

Hi, When i call from skype sound culity very bad. Skype new version not working good. how can i get old version ?

syedaismatara
Casual Tourist
Message 5 of 36 (245,499 Views)

syedaismatara wrote:

Hi, When i call from skype sound culity very bad. Skype new version not working good. how can i get old version ?

Do you have all Windows updates and updates to your system and any hardware devices by the manufacturers?

Please also see these:

https://support.skype.com/en-us/faq/FA10658/How-can-I-ensure-my-DirectX-and-graphics-drivers-are-wor...

If you are using WIN7 please see this: https://support.skype.com/en-us/faq/FA10330/Sound-guide-Windows-7

http://support.skype.com/en-us/category/CALL_QUALITY/

Note: the above link has 2 pages so please view them both.

https://support.skype.com/en-us/faq/FA265/How-can-I-make-a-test-call

https://support.skype.com/en-us/faq/FA10746/How-can-I-improve-my-audio-quality

Also, you can use the Skype client program window at anytime and do:

Hellp -> Call Quality Guide -> Sound Check Wizard

A new version has just been released September 1, 2011:

Please download from here and when prompted click the open or run button: http://download.skype.com/SkypeSetup.exe

This new version is 5.5.0.115 to check what version you have, using the main Skype client window please do:

Help -> About Skype

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 1615
Message 6 of 36 (245,493 Views)

[ Edited ]

syedaismatara wrote:

Hi!  It appears your concern is completely different from that of the thead starter.  Unfortunately, thread hijacking is not allowed in this site as such practice may bring confusion in the community forum. 

please visit the link below on instructions on how to create a new thread.  most likely your concern can be easily seen and get accurate responses when placed in the correct section. thanks!

Help Us Help You (How to Start a New Thread)

all users, guest, visitors, advisors and superusers must follow this rule in order to maintain order and avoid confusion in the forum site.  from the title of the thread any user can easily know what the thread is all about.

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1421
Message 7 of 36 (245,490 Views)

senhores, preciso de uma assinatura que contemple ligações para telefones fixos e celulares, para o mundo todo, mas não consigo comprá-la, como fazer?

Gentlemen, I need a signature that includes calls to landlines and mobiles for the world, but can not buy it, how do?

tks.

carlosyuki
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 36 (242,781 Views)

Very awesome of you to make a very simple and easy way to fix this solution. :happy:

candeekidone
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 9 of 36 (239,836 Views)

How do I do that in Mac ?
priyaravi1998
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 10 of 36 (224,460 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling