When I log into Skype on my newlaptop I can't find...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

When I log into Skype on my newlaptop I can't find the contacts page

I can still log in to my contacts page on my old computer which my son set up for me but when I log in to my new laptop I get the skype display page but can't find the page with contacts where I can type messages.  My son is now abroad and I can't ask him and in fact it is him I want to chat to on Skype.  Any help most gratefully received Thank you.

Tamim
Super Aviator

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

reinstall Skype with this link
http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-full

View solution in original post
steveandjean2
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 5
Message 1 of 43 (6,309 Views)

Re: When I log into Skype on my newlaptop I can't find the contacts page

reinstall Skype with this link
http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-full

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6449
Message 2 of 43 (6,289 Views)

Brilliant.  Many thanks to you Tamim

steveandjean2
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 5
Message 3 of 43 (6,278 Views)

Hi,

I also have the same problem. I have reinstalled Skype on my new lap top using the above link, however I still can not work out how to log in. When I bring up Skype on my lap top only a blue screen appears with 3 menu options at the top but nowhere to log in or call someone.
LouiseMark82
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 10
Message 4 of 43 (5,913 Views)

[ Edited ]

steveandjean2 wrote:

Brilliant.  Many thanks to you Tamim

You are very welcome.
Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 5 of 43 (5,894 Views)

LouiseMark82 wrote:
Hi,

I also have the same problem. I have reinstalled Skype on my new lap top using the above link, however I still can not work out how to log in. When I bring up Skype on my lap top only a blue screen appears with 3 menu options at the top but nowhere to log in or call someone.

Are you running the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows?
Which version of Internet Explorer installed on your PC?

Regards,
Tamim

Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 6 of 43 (5,888 Views)

Hi Tamim,

I am using the 32 bit windows on my netbook.

I'm using mozirella Fire Fox rather then internet explorer as I was having trouble with explorer.

Louise

LouiseMark82
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 43 (5,841 Views)

LouiseMark82 wrote:

Hi Tamim,

I am using the 32 bit windows on my netbook.

I'm using mozirella Fire Fox rather then internet explorer as I was having trouble with explorer.

Louise

you can use Firefox as your default browser. but Skype relies on IE.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Find-out-which-version-of-Internet-Explorer-youre-u...

Regards,
Tamim

Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 8 of 43 (5,830 Views)

Thank you for that.I have checked and I still have Internet Explorer version 9 on my computer, however it is not set as my default browser. What would you suggest I do now?

LouiseMark82
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 43 (5,802 Views)

LouiseMark82 wrote:

Thank you for that.I have checked and I still have Internet Explorer version 9 on my computer, however it is not set as my default browser. What would you suggest I do now?

Run the command with ADMIN rights.

a)     Click Start.

b)     In the search box type cmd

c)     Right click and select Run as administrator.

d)     Type the following commands and press ENTER.

regsvr32 jscript.dll

regsvr32 vbscript.dll

regsvr32 jscript9.dll

Restart your PC.

Now try running Skype.

Regards,
Tamim

Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 10 of 43 (5,728 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling