What is this"your session has timed out" it happen...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

What is this"your session has timed out" it happens every time I log into Skype.

I now log into Skype with my Messenger email and password.  But every time I enter those, a message come out "your session has timed out. Please try again".  I then have to enter my password again to get connected.  Why is this happening, and how can I correct it.

casmac2
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 5
Message 1 of 16 (5,562 Views)

Re: What is this"your session has timed out" it happens every time I log into Skype.

Are you logged into Skype / Messenger on any other devices?

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 8203
Message 2 of 16 (5,527 Views)

Re: What is this"your session has timed out" it happens every time I log into Skype.

I have exactly the same problem, ever since upgrading and skype deleteing Messenger from my computers both at home and at work. I'm not signed into skype anywhere else but everytime I log in, using my messenger log in details I get the same problem

jetmorgan46
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 3 of 16 (5,463 Views)

I have exactly the same problem too. Doesnt seem to have been a resolve from support posted??  Anyone know how to fix this very irritating issue (only since upgrading to messenger& Skype combined) & no I am not logged in anywhere else

stuarttrotter
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 4 of 16 (5,345 Views)

Just saw this on another post & it logged in 1st time, so hopefully has cured it. Give it a go!

Try to reset skype settings

Exit Skype : From the system tray >> right click on the skype icon and click "Quit Skype"

Click Start >> Run Type: %appdata% Rename folder "Skype" to "Old_Skype"

Re-run Skype

stuarttrotter
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 5 of 16 (5,342 Views)

As the original poster says, every time I try to log in I get the error message "Your session has timed out. Please try again". I then have to re-enter my pasword, and then can log in. This only started happening after the most recent Skype update. I am not logged in anywhere else.. I tried renaming the Skype folder as suggested by the previous poster and this temporarily resolved the problem, but it has returned again. Anyone know how I can fix this once and for all as it's annoying.

pangit
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 6 of 16 (4,948 Views)

Same thing happens to me every single day
hoopsdj
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 16 (4,675 Views)

That seemed to work
hoopsdj
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 16 (4,675 Views)

it's happening every single morning to me, over and over again.

I think it's not a problem caused by user, rather it's technical issue to be solved by Microsoft.

I'm still unhappy with the idea of being forced to give up my msn and replace it with skype, even though I had no choice when I upgrade, now the new software asking for stupid thing everyday such as "your session has timed out"!!!

damascusy
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 16 (4,438 Views)

I have exactly the same issue. This is now ten posts within this thread and no solution (outside of renaming folders) is forthcoming. Is anyone from MS/Skype monitoring this to find a solution? It's very frustrating to have to sign in every morning now we've been forced to use an MS ID (which I didn't want to).

robbcape
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 10 of 16 (4,285 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling