Video test Webcam site

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Video test Webcam site

I need to test my Webam to confirm that I can both send and receive video calls. Could someone please tell me the name of a Web site that I can use to make a video call?

billyklein
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 17
Message 1 of 17 (41,358 Views)

Re: Video test Webcam site

Unfortunately, there isn't any.  At least not for use with Skype.

You'll have to find someone who also has Skype and is willing to add you to their Contacts list.

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 906
Message 2 of 17 (41,338 Views)

I have the same question. How would we sign each other up as contacts?  You could call me and visa versa to test video image.  my username is bafried.  yours?

bafried
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 17 (41,303 Views)

It's astonishing that a popular application with millions of users and owned by one of the world's largest corporations lacks a testing facility for an essential feature. The absence of a video test site forces a user to impose upon the time, generosity and privacy of another user.

billyklein
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 17
Message 4 of 17 (41,292 Views)

If you have a spare computer, you could set up a separate Skype account on it, and call 'yourself'.

Roamstarmusic
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 5 of 17 (41,264 Views)

I don't know if you were joking or not but I actually do Skype to myself between my PC and my wife's when I need to run a quick test.

I do agree it would be great if Skype saw fit to provide some test servers for video.  I'm holding my breath though.

g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Message 6 of 17 (41,261 Views)

Not joking....I often use it to check out audio levels, latency, screen sharing quality etc.

Roamstarmusic
Casual Adventurer
Message 7 of 17 (41,256 Views)

Yep.  Ditto.

g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Message 8 of 17 (41,254 Views)

Do both computers need to have a webcam installed? All I wnt to test is that my picture is going TO the other side. I have already verified that I can receive video FROM the other side.
halw
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 9 of 17 (41,023 Views)

I hope everyone is joking, just go to the Skype tab, profile, change sounds, go to video, and there ya go! also, if you wanna test skype video call bill-on-skype-video-echo, a robot meant for it.

ar33hiline
Novel Tourist
Message 10 of 17 (40,653 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling