Video being Accepted automatically... When I do no...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Accepted Solution

Video being Accepted automatically... When I do not want it to be

For a while I was using this cool feature on skype.  Until people starting calling me and it was picking up for EVERYONE.  I changed the privacy settings so it would "Automatically receive video and screen sharing" from no one.  I then proceeded to uninstall skype from my computer and reinstall and I tested again and it is still Automatically turning on my video when someone calls or does a video call to me.  I would like my privacy back - as I have someone new to skype who keeps calling me and does not understand to type first before calling.  Thank you- I hope to get some help- until then I will have skype removed due to wanting privacy. 

Accepted Solution

by ruwim

In Skype go to Tools -> Options -> Calls -> Show advanced options. Uncheck the option: “Answer incoming calls automatically”. Save.

View solution in original post
Surfergirl007_8
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 4 (776 Views)

Re: Video being Accepted automatically... When I do not want it to be

In Skype go to Tools -> Options -> Calls -> Show advanced options. Uncheck the option: “Answer incoming calls automatically”. Save.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 7400
Message 2 of 4 (774 Views)

Thank you sooo much!!!! Someone else showed me how to set it up that way and i forgot!!!
Surfergirl007_8
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 3 of 4 (767 Views)

Hello evrybody all my friends, that anyone on the line,don't forget to call me

dawa
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 4 (761 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling