Using my headphones the sound comes out of the spe...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Using my headphones the sound comes out of the speakers.

I don't know what to do, when I use regular headphones, and headphones with a microphone the sound does not come through the headphones but the computer speakers. How do I fix this?

tripleadiggs
Novel Adventurer

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

Speakers (high definition audio device). But when I put my headphones in I could see a drop down for a headphone (high definition audio device) option and when I chose it, it worked!!!

View solution in original post
tripleadiggs
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 8
Message 1 of 21 (82,383 Views)

Re: Using my headphones the sound comes out of the speakers.

What settings do you have for Speakers in Tools -> Options -> Audio settings?

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6578
Message 2 of 21 (82,366 Views)

Speakers (high definition audio device). But when I put my headphones in I could see a drop down for a headphone (high definition audio device) option and when I chose it, it worked!!!

tripleadiggs
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 21 (82,359 Views)

Does this mean that the problem is solved?

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6578
Message 4 of 21 (82,357 Views)

Yes thank you!

tripleadiggs
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 21 (82,354 Views)

Headphone does not work at all

Hello,

I just got a new computer with windows 7 on it. Now I want to use skype but the headphones dont work at all. They do work with other things on my computer like listening to music on the web and the microphone also works fine, even on skype (The other side could hear me when there was a connection). I hear nothing, no dial tone, voice nothing...... When I go to the sound section in windows there is no icon for headphones, the speakers and the headphone are under the same button. Please help, I bought this new computer especially so tha I can skype with my friends abroad!

Compu
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 6 of 21 (80,436 Views)

Re: Headphone does not work at all

Hi, I had the same problem and repeatedly tried various combinations. In the end I sort of gave up, and used a separate microphone, and used the laptop's speakers, which worked OK. If you are using a PC, you will have ongoing problem. Possibly the solution is to go for a headphone+mic set which is USB, rather than the audio plugs version. Good luck. I occasionally got the message of a windows shell file problem as well, but that's a step too far for me.

Mike-47
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 21 (66,509 Views)

Yes. It solved for me too. We need to plugin the headphone jack to the system. And then in the Tools->Options->Audio Settings we see there are 2 options in drop down (Headphone and Speakers). We need to Select Headphone and I unchecked the checkbox next to it and then saved.

It worked.
cg_srinivas
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 21 (64,368 Views)

Ok, so I using my headphones right to bring the audio through my headphones for the call but no other audio wants to go through the headphones, so I can't listen to music or anything while on call and I feel like I should be able to do stuff while on a call. Thoughts?

AustinFisher
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 21 (59,126 Views)

i have the same problem, and have done since the most recent skype update. the same issue happens with the most recent updates of teamspeak3 and mumble. (it doesnt happen with ventrilo or raidcall). I've had a friend look at all the options via communications/sound options on my laptop (HP pavilion dv6) with no luck. -> i get into a skype call and skype sounds go through my headset (USB + audio jacks) but itunes, youtube and any other sound (games etc) gets rerouted through my speakers, any help would be appreciated :happy: x
Rachel93x
Novel Tourist
Message 10 of 21 (55,749 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling