Uninstalling click to call

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Uninstalling click to call

Ever since click to call updated itself to my computer, I have been having problems. Worse, I cannot uninstall click to call. I have uninstalled Google chrome, I have uninstalled Firefox and updated Internet explorer. Everytime I try to uninstall click to call, or even Skype itself, it instantly reinstalls even if I deny permission or cancel in the middle of the reinstall. This situation is extremely frustrating. Does anyone have any suggections?

Thanks!

NkdCblstcDwfs
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 6
Message 1 of 23 (41,572 Views)

Re: Uninstalling click to call

here's how to disable/remove the click and call function;

How to Disable or Remove the Click and Call Function

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1285
Message 2 of 23 (41,562 Views)

Pretty basic answer. Unfortunately totally does not work. I keep getting the "Close Chrome Window" message. I went so far as to uninstall Chrome, reboot the computer AND GUESS WHAT!!! It still won't let me uninstall the Skype Click to Call, says "close all Chrome windows".

I'm pretty annoyed with SKYPE!!

tinga2
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 3 of 23 (32,218 Views)

[ Edited ]

tinga2 wrote:

I keep getting the "Close Chrome Window" message. I went so far as to uninstall Chrome, reboot the computer AND GUESS WHAT!!! It still won't let me uninstall the Skype Click to Call, says "close all Chrome windows".

this behaviour is certainly not intentional, if that's what you're thinking

you should contact customer service asap

Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 380
Message 4 of 23 (32,204 Views)

Why bother contacting Skype support you can never get a resppnse, this product is a heap of rubbish and now like the initial poster I can't get rid of it - it's like a virus.

greghk
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 5 of 23 (28,142 Views)

I get the exact same problem!! If you ever discover how to do it, please, let me know!!

Thank you.

AnselSf
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 23 (27,579 Views)

In Internet Explorer, that only disables the plugin for the duration of that Internet Explorer session; next time the program's launched, Click To Call is right back there in the list.  I (and presumably the original poster) want to *remove* it, not have to disable it every time we run the program.

My own reason for wanting to remove the plugin permanently is not one of functionality but of aesthetics:  the Click To Call feature disfigures website designs by "helpfully" recognizing phone numbers and formatting them as Skype sees fit to do (which is jarringly ugly and ruins the look of most web pages).  When I'm reviewing a site I'm designing, I shouldn't have to see that gratuitous intrusion.

EuroTrash
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 7 of 23 (26,341 Views)

go to control panel and click programs. then click programs and features. then click skype click to call and uninstall it. good luck! :bigsmile:

Arinaa
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 8 of 23 (26,156 Views)

[ Edited ]

GO TO THE CONTROL PANEL WHERE ---? CLICK PROGRAMS WHERE ---? --- go to control panel and click programs. then click programs and features. then click skype click to call and uninstall it. good luck!

Edited to conform with the Community Guidelines

Use of inappropriate language is neither permitted nor tolerated.

seokeywords
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 23 (26,150 Views)

Yeah, that's exactly what we've been trying to do, but thank you for your time.

AnselSf
Novel Adventurer
Message 10 of 23 (26,136 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling