Turn off facebook chat

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Turn off facebook chat

Is there a way to turn off the facebook chat? Now that I've loaded the newer skype I can't seem to turn it off. I like the option to have it on, but I would also like to go invisible to facebook or log off of it.

lifeisnjoyable
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 8
Message 1 of 12 (15,852 Views)

Re: Turn off facebook chat

I am having the same problem with trying to turn off the Facebook connection. Did you find out how? Can you let me know how I can do it? Thanks
peterlance
Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 12 (15,680 Views)

Hi.. I don't even want to my Facebook Friends see me online when I'm Connected to Skype. Pleease I don't like it!!!!!! How can We Do??

pbermudezm
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 9
Message 3 of 12 (15,653 Views)

This is another one of these stupid "features". I bet there is some Marketing jerk sitting in an air-conditioned office somewhere having absolutely no clue what is going on in the real world.

Why does everything have to be connected to facebook these days? What is wrong with opening a browser and going to facebook.com if you want to use facebook?

Oh, and where is the Google+ integration??? :wink:

chris_yesyes
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 5
Message 4 of 12 (15,650 Views)

Hi guys, I just did something... I opened my facebook account from browser... and then put again my Chat Avalaiability offline. That's the only way I found my Spkype not to show my Facebook Friends.

I hope it helps.

pbermudezm
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 9
Message 5 of 12 (15,644 Views)

well, I think I found a way how to do it, at least worked for me, and hope It works also for you.

Go to your account setting and the to application settings, then go to skype, if you want you can remove the permission of application to access to your account, clicking on the x (remove).

Or you can click on edit and then remove the permission to access to your chat.

That's it.

melissagudelof
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 11
Message 6 of 12 (15,635 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi!  please visit the link below for suggestions/instructions on how to disable or turn off Facebook Updates and/or Facebook Chat.

How to Turn Off Facebook Updates and Facebook Chat

:happy:

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1673
Message 7 of 12 (15,626 Views)

thxxx!!
laithemailat
Casual Tourist
Message 8 of 12 (13,752 Views)

its quite simple to do, you go to skype's website, log in, then go to your account and on that page you should see, under account details, account settings. click on that and then you will see your linked accounts which include facebook. and then from there on you just click on unlink facebook account. and voila 

hope that helps

lifeisnjoyable wrote:

Is there a way to turn off the facebook chat? Now that I've loaded the newer skype I can't seem to turn it off. I like the option to have it on, but I would also like to go invisible to facebook or log off of it.

themessiah
Casual Tourist
Message 9 of 12 (5,005 Views)

I get "Sorry, you do not have sufficient privileges for that action. Please click the Back button on your browser." when I try that link.

amallavarapu
Casual Tourist
Message 10 of 12 (3,552 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling