Toll Free Number!

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Toll Free Number!

Hello i work with insurance companies and their toll free number all day.  Up until recently everything would work just fine.  Since monday i have not been able to connect to united healthcare ins.  +18778423210 is the phone number, but also any number to this company does not work.  All other departments are the same... it calls for 3-4 seconds and hangs up abruptly.  no reason no error code nothing.  i called the company and spoke with their IT department who assured me there was nothing wrong with their systems.  Ive called branched in my local city and all over the USA and also even in India.  No number works.  can it be possible that the company blocks numbers from skype?  is that possible even?  Please help me ASAp We have lost a weeks worth of work due to this. 

mnabulsi
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 14 (9,585 Views)

Re: Toll Free Number!

it seems to be the receiving side that is hanging up, not Skype

did you try calling that number using a landline or mobile phone?

you can contact Skype Customer Support here:

https://support.skype.com/support_selection
Regards,
Neil
0 Kudos
Neil
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 314
Message 2 of 14 (9,530 Views)

Yea i called from my mobile and from my co workers phone.  it is partly skype as well.  i dont need responses saying that its not skype's fault.  i need suggestions on how to fix this issue... isnt that what support is?  dont tell me its not skype's issue..

0 Kudos
mnabulsi
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 14 (9,476 Views)

mnabulsi wrote:

i dont need responses saying that its not skype's fault.  i need suggestions on how to fix this issue... isnt that what support is?  dont tell me its not skype's issue..

have a nice day

Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Message 4 of 14 (9,470 Views)

I am having the same issue described above with all 1800 and 1866 numbers - the number "rings" two or three times and then I am disconnected. When I try an optional conventional (not toll free) number I can get through. Until recently I had no issue whatsoever with dialing 1800 or 1866 numbers. Given that the issue occurs with all toll free numbers of this nature, I very much suspect that the problem is related to Skype. Any ideas? Many thanks. 

bagthetusk
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 14 (9,386 Views)

bagthetusk wrote:

I am having the same issue described above with all 1800 and 1866 numbers - the number "rings" two or three times and then I am disconnected. When I try an optional conventional (not toll free) number I can get through. Until recently I had no issue whatsoever with dialing 1800 or 1866 numbers. Given that the issue occurs with all toll free numbers of this nature, I very much suspect that the problem is related to Skype. Any ideas? Many thanks. 

what happens when you call +18002464411 please?

Regards,
Neil
0 Kudos
Neil
Super Adventurer
Message 6 of 14 (9,380 Views)

Oddly....this works. Yet for three banks; one bike rental company; a plumbing company; and an IT Help Desk (most of which were 1866 numbers), I have no joy.

0 Kudos
bagthetusk
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 14 (9,374 Views)

it may be that these other companies have restricted their TF numbers to only accept calls from relative close origins (this can be done with 1-800 service)
Regards,
Neil
0 Kudos
Neil
Super Adventurer
Message 8 of 14 (9,373 Views)

I tried a test call to this number and it states that it's no longer valid as do several numbers starting with 1-888 or 1-877. I just can't call toll free numbers. I get an error stating that the number is no longer in service, however, I have my roommate test from his mobile and the calls go through fine. What can I do to correct this? I have the unlimited US and Canada calling plan.
0 Kudos
jbjtkbw00
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 9 of 14 (1,486 Views)

you do not require a calling subscription or Skype credit to call a 1-8xx number

would you minding posting an example of such a 1-8xx number that does not work, assuming that there are no associated privacy issues
Regards,
Neil
0 Kudos
Neil
Super Adventurer
Message 10 of 14 (1,478 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling