They can see me, but I can't see them

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Re: They can see me, but I can't see them

Have you been able to resolve this? My husband uses a tablet also and the people he skypes with also just see a green screen. It previously worked fine.
juliebug216
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 11 of 19 (2,240 Views)

I am having the same issues and we are both using laptops. Mine is windows and they have a Mac. Worked the first couple of times but not now. Help!!!
featherwind-lol
Casual Tourist
Message 12 of 19 (2,229 Views)

they could have no cam or they keep it off from viewin

treedance1
Novel Adventurer
Message 13 of 19 (2,225 Views)

could be they don't have cam or they have it off from viewin

treedance1
Novel Adventurer
Message 14 of 19 (2,224 Views)

We have the same issue. Our mom can't see us, but can hear us. We can see and hear her. We are on OSx with Skype 5.5 and they are on Windows with 5.8. We tested it with our sister and our sister can see and hear us. And we can see and hear her. She calls mom and she can see and hear mom, but mom can't see her. Just started last week. Believe it is associated with the latest version of WIndows Skype.
jceddy2010
Novel Adventurer
Message 15 of 19 (2,152 Views)

I had same problem: they saw and heat me but I couldn't see them (i heard them ok).

I solved this problem many times (either pc or mac, wind xp, winf 7 etc) with turning off antivirus software (in my case avg free) and firewall on both devices/computers. Hope it helps someone.

greggaaa
Novel Tourist
Message 16 of 19 (1,249 Views)

Just this week my skype video (which was working fine - I have a built-in webcam) failed and now I can see them but no one can see me...my webcam works (tested online) but Skype detects no webcam....HELP!!!!!!!

KiwiDoc
Novel Adventurer
Message 17 of 19 (1,081 Views)

You have to visit: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12252/why-can-t-i-make-video-calls-on-the-latest-version-of-skype...
And download an older version of Skype to use it properly until they fix this issue.
Posted from Apple iPhone
ZarkinFrued
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 18 of 19 (899 Views)

I have the same so if anyone can help please
Posted from Apple iPhone
Discoverydx
Novel Tourist
Message 19 of 19 (201 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling