Stop Skype from pulling me out of Games when someo...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Stop Skype from pulling me out of Games when someone joins call

Everytime someone is added to the call skype pulls me out of game minimizing the window. I can't find any setting to stop skype from doing this. What do?

MartyTron
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 10 (16,492 Views)

Re: Stop Skype from pulling me out of Games when someone joins call

Yeah, still need some help here.

MartyTron
Novel Adventurer
Message 2 of 10 (16,464 Views)

There is no real fix for this. There may be temporary work arounds, but I've found aftersystem reboots those workarounds sometimes do not fix it. Using a beta version is thebest fix.... but is that a fix? Use a more dated version to fix a simple issue? Okayherpaderp.

I've found 15 threads on this and counting.

At some point, they will have to fix the most annoying feature of their program. No otherchat system, phone calling system does this without the ability to change it.

Just lost a hardcore character on D3 because of this crap they haven't fixed for over ayear, despite all the complaints and suggestions.

Posting this on every thread concerning this.

Uninstalled skype until they give an option to turn this off.

Happens on my mac, happens on my pc, happens on vista and 7. It is not needed and isnot hard to fix.

Also:
The best part being I was invisible and someone guessed I was online and shot me a call.Awesome feature number 2. (and you can check if people are invisible if the spinningwheel never pops up. Shows they got your message :wink:

Not hard to fix. Give it to a real programmer maybe?

Rothgar
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 3 of 10 (16,391 Views)

This is one of those things that makes me want to punch something. Been in a Battlefield 3 game for about an hour, and my friend decides to hang up the call, tabbing me out and crashing my battlefield. Normally i can tab back in just fine, but sometimes it decides to just cause everything (including task manager) to become unresponsive.

Seriously skype, you are not more important than what i am doing. If i wanted to see you, i would tab in myself.

Jon-
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 10 (16,236 Views)

I made a pettition for this, maybe they will try to fix that simple problem

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/stop-skype-from-minimizing-games/

krtislav11
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 5 of 10 (16,131 Views)

We need skype not to alt tab us when playing. A nice fix would be to have a low sound when its calling and you are busy. If you then can choose to answer or decline call with bound keys would be awesome.

Also, how hard can it be to implement a push-to-talk-key, seriously... You have "advanced settings".

richardsall
Casual Tourist
Message 6 of 10 (15,518 Views)

i found that setting your status to do not disturb fixes this

AnnoyedGuy
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 7 of 10 (6,274 Views)

I just had this problem.  I checked forums and found no answer.  Here is how I solved it after deciding that I hate Skype.

Tools> options> calls> call settings> show advanced options> uncheck: show call controls while skype is in the background

jessaughenbaugh
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 10 (5,757 Views)

There si a push-to-talk. Go into Tools>Options>Advanced>Hotkeys.
Furthest down on list is the 'Toggle Mute(push-to-talk)' hotkey. Assign a key to it and you'll be right as rain...
Also a bit further up is the 'Ignore Call' hotkey, it's by default alt+page down

JMPeRager
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 10 (5,343 Views)

It does not work in every game.
The push-to-talk mute button will not work in for example League of legends. However it does work in Counter-strike and World of warcraft.

Uzor
Novel Tourist
Message 10 of 10 (4,630 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling