Starting Skype when I start windows

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Starting Skype when I start windows

I must start Skype manually each time I start my computer.  It's more a nuisance than a problem since I have checked the "Start Skype when I start windows" box in the General Settings tab in the Options menu.  It should automatically open when Windows opens.  Is there something else I should be doing?

Cheers

Miles

g4pilut
Community Ambassador

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

0 Kudos

You could try signing out from Skype (sign out...not quit) and then checking the Start Skype when computer starts box on the Welcom to Skype /sign me in screen.

View solution in original post
MilesCamp
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 7 (1,342 Views)

Re: Starting Skype when I start windows

You could try signing out from Skype (sign out...not quit) and then checking the Start Skype when computer starts box on the Welcom to Skype /sign me in screen.

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 939
Message 2 of 7 (1,248 Views)

That did the trick.  It is displayed in Quick Launch now which indicates that it is online. 

Thank you,

Miles

MilesCamp
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 3 of 7 (1,235 Views)

:(y):

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 939
Message 4 of 7 (1,229 Views)

My skype is not working

i have loged off and on shut down and it dose not work ever since i updatated it

can ANY one help?

telcom51
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 5 of 7 (1,100 Views)

Just wondering... My Skype starts automatically but in order to disable this feature I need to log in to access advanced options.

Checkbox for starting along with Windows should be on the home screen, along with "keep me logged in". If I'm logged in it wouldn't bother be, if I'm not - I may want to disable it.
stefek99
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 7 (789 Views)

Hi there,

I've tried the solution suggested in this thread. However, there is no welcome screen. I am presented with the usual Skype Home page.

The problem is that if I check the box to Start Skype when WIndows start and the Save, if I open the Options again the check box is no longer checked. 

This used to work, until after one of the Skype updates.

I running Windows 7 Enterprise SP1

Thanks,

Daniel

Dfranco
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 7 (120 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling