Spell Check For Skype

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Spell Check For Skype

Hello Skypers!

Just thought I would post this because some people seem to believe that it is not possible to have spell check on Skype. WELL YOU CAN!

Go to http://ursa-spelling.com/ and download this 3rd party application called Ursa Spell Checker for Skype and install it. Use the shortcut keys to enable or disable spell check.

Cheers!

ShaunVee
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 1 of 15 (25,103 Views)

Re: Spell Check For Skype

Doesn't work. And it's not free.

So skype it's self does not have spell check, which is what people were asking i think.

pbansal
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 2 of 15 (22,757 Views)

As for me in my Skype Ursa Spell Checker works well. I'm satisfied with it. That's no problem, at least now...

SarahVel
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 15 (22,573 Views)

yeah weird worked on my laptop, not on my desktop.. even though it is licensed!
Checkmate1066
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 15 (22,504 Views)

It works!!!! Thank you sooooo much!!! You're a Godsend to me!!! Deedeeek6.
deedeek6
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 15 (18,507 Views)

Spell checker on skype

Well when customer asks for a software, it has to be free, so what you are suggesting doesn't work, I wonder why they can't give a normal spell checking option like in other messengers. What so hard in it? 

Mani9
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 6 of 15 (17,490 Views)

Re: Spell checker on skype

Since i posted here I have found an add on called clownfish for skype. It is free, and the spell check works fantasticly and it does translations.

So really good addon, go check it out. But it does still beg the question why does skype not have this built in when Yahoo and msn do.

pbansal
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 7 of 15 (17,476 Views)

Re: Spell checker on skype

I have spent 2 days trying to get the spellchecker to work, reinstalled several times, checked all the settings that I can think of... but alas the Skype Instant Message messages are not being spellchecked. Running XP SP3.  Skype 6.1  Clownfish for Skype v3.12.

Anyone have any hints or experiences in what is needed to make this option to work. Thanks. Tosh.

toshbimbra
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 15 (15,659 Views)

Did not work for me either.  It looks fully installed and enabled but when I type incorrect words in the Skype SMS window there is no indication that they are mispelled.

Also there is a 30 day trial version but not a 100% free version (at least not that I found)

Maxuponatime
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 15 (8,949 Views)

You can use built in skype in windows 8 or 8.1 their put a spell checker in that version and I',m usingit right now.

AndroidMK
Novel Tourist
Message 10 of 15 (3,386 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling