Sorry, Something Went Wrong. PLEASE HELP

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sorry, Something Went Wrong. PLEASE HELP

I've been trying to sign into Skype with my Microsoft account, but everytime I try to, I keep getting the message "Sorry, Something Went Wrong." It keeps doing this to me everytime I try to sign in with my Microsoft ID... Someone please help me with this. Skype and Microsoft, fix this, PLEASE! :sad:

Linnaeus777
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 41 (10,190 Views)

Re: Sorry, Something Went Wrong. PLEASE HELP

Please answer all of the following diagnostic questions in your very next reply:

What anti-virus application or security suite is installed?
What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)?
What third-party firewall (if any)?

try to open the page with IE-32bit and post the result
https://apps.skype.com/home/

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6484
Message 2 of 41 (10,185 Views)

I use AVG as my antivirus. I think it has to do with my stepdad accidentally blocking MSN and such.

Linnaeus777
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 41 (10,179 Views)

Add WindowsApps folder to AVG exception list

In AVG >> click "Resident Shield" >> "Manage exceptions" >> "Add Path" >> Locate WindowsApps folder inside program files.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6484
Message 4 of 41 (10,176 Views)

As I posted in another thread, I am having the exact same problem (as are many others based on all the related threads).

I have no 3rd party AV/Malware software except MSE, and no firewalls. I've tried all the solutions that have been posted on the various threads with no success.

CodingGorilla
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 5 of 41 (9,172 Views)

same situation here, up to yesterday all working fine, my messenger account transferred successfully.... today since I tried logging in two hours ago (and since then) I am unable to access with my msn account... I keep getting the message "sorry something went wrong please try again" (which isn't exactly helpful in trying to work out the problem...maybe useful to start using error codes so at least we can try to understand the problem?).

Skype heartbeat page says all is good, but with lots of similar cases, something must be up... please, if anyone can help would be appreciated.

running skype on windows 7 starter, firewall zonealarm, avast anit-virus

farrier
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 6 of 41 (8,838 Views)

Same issue. 

Everything worked as of lastnight, now I get the same error message, when trying to log into my MSN account as well as with Facebook. 

I use Microsoft Security Essentials, with Windows 7 Home Premium. Skype is up to date, as well, since I've only merdge accounts a few days ago. 

LamentabeOne
Casual Tourist
Message 7 of 41 (8,793 Views)

Having problems here as well. Can't log in with my microsoft account but I can log in with my skype account. 

djpailo
Casual Adventurer
Message 8 of 41 (8,777 Views)

Same problem here. Worked fine yesterday. I can log in to the website just fine with my Live Messenger credentials. I tried on two different PCs and get the same worthless "something went wrong" error message.

It's clear what went wrong: Microsoft's idiotic attempt to shoehorn Live Messenger users into Skype. :(n):

rbanzai
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 9 of 41 (8,777 Views)

Same here!  I am using Windows 8 and tried to sign onto the Skype desktop version with my microsoft credential.  Merged my accounts yesterday and all is working fine.  Now today I get this same error.  Have tried multiple times and no luck. I am able to sign into the desktop version with my skype credential (but that doesn't sync in my contacts from my microsoft account).  Can sign in fine on the Skype website using my microsoft account though ....

Hope there's a fix!

jronnell
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 10 of 41 (8,756 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling